Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
SiVWW

Dubshed 2011 Thank you and Feedback Thread

Just want to say thanks to all the guys in the club for a great day,what a great selection of cars. Roll on Castlewellan Was well pleased to get runner up for my Rivage thats 2 years in a row. Well done to all the other winners.

I've been checking out this forum for a wee while now and have been impressed with the level of 'community' that is apparent from the posts. I hope, at some stage to get back into a more interesting car but for now my old polo does a grand job as a commuting hack. My favourite cars were the mk1 jetta just outside the indoor display as it was just like a nicer version of my old car (- shouldn't have sold it) and the 'dam lo' 911. I came on sunday afternoon with 2 of my kids (boys aged 4 and 3) and they were really happy running around and were on the whole very respectful to the cars on display without me having to say anything to them - I can confirm that we didn't leave a single ice cream finger print on anything! They were most intrigued by the audis with merc wheels which left them with lots of questions. It was suggested in an earlier post to cordon off cars. I'm sure the poster has their own good reasons for this but, if possible, please resist. I love heading over to Goodwood Festival of Speed and it succesfully manages to leave almost everything fully accessible to visitors and is an essential ingredient to the weekends success and the general atmosphere of the event. I think that people who attend these shows are enthusiasts and therefore have an inbuilt respect for the cars on display and an interest to look at the details up close. I'd have no hesitation in coming back next year and will bring the kids again. The only thing I'd change is getting there a bit earlier! Great job folks.

Sorry about confusion on Sunday morning Chris! :oops:
No look don't worry about it we could see you were all under a lot of pressure. We all enjoyed the day thoroughly and shall be back next year. The car limbo was hilarious :)

Guys it sounds like the show really lived up to expectations. i had been planning for weeks to attend, whether my car was ready or not. as it turned out i knew during the week that the TT wouldnt be finished but was coming up to meet some new folk and to support the cause. unfortunately i was sick as a dog all weekend and couldnt get there. was quite devastated actually but from the chat around work etc it sounded awesome. pics are fantastic. defo not missing next year! looks like all the efforts and prep were really worth it guys! well done!!

Edited your post there Gethin. It was good Craic...good Crack is something altogether different that you smoke 8O :lol::lol: Limbo was indeed entertaining. Someone in a Scirocco might be thinking about a roof chop to beat the Porsche :o

Guys, just to back up what everyone has already been saying, I think you have done a great thing for the whole dub scene in NI putting on a show of such a grand scale and high quality. I was there last year and it has certainly improved with this year's event, but importantly the relaxed atmosphere was still there. What feedback would I give:- Personally, I feel it is better to have cars grouped in their classes as it makes it easier to get to know who owns which cars. I struggled to find the fellow Mk1 owners to chat to because we were all over the place. If cars are grouped together, you could also allocate more defined timings for judging slots for each class, and it might make it easier to judge cars side-by-side. Its a lot to ask owners to stick around their own motors for 2hrs while all juding is happening with so much to see elsewhere. I also feel that given the diversity and number of cars on display, it might be wise to separate standard and modified classes for the prizegiving, and maybe drop the runner-up slots. I was allocated a slot indoors, but on the day I decided to park outside the shed because even Gethin admitted it was getting tight. I know you probably want to try to accomodate everybody, but maybe the numbers inside the main sheds needs to be reduced a bit. Most people were very respectful, but as always there were some knobs about who didn't appreciate the work/effort/money that went into the cars. These are all minor issues and very much just my opinion, overall it was the best show I've been to since the old GTi International days at the TRL in Berkshire.

These are all minor issues and very much just my opinion' date=' overall it was the best show I've been to since the old GTi International days at the TRL in Berkshire.[/quote'] You are the second man this week I have heard say exactly that! :)

The only things missing are a 1/4 mile sprint and an autojumble section!!! The autojumble is a good possibility, but if security didn't like a bit of bass at 11am on a Sunday morning, I doubt they'll be too impressed by a drag strip up the carpark !!!! :lol:

a saturday would be great! ..... runs for cover with a flak jacket lol looked a good event.
I know where your coming from gareth .....but events in the past didnt suit majority of traders as their premises were open plus lot of people worked on Saturday too. Castlewellan is a Saturday at least:-) ....would prefer a sat event too as I view it as family day but some come to shows with family I suppose...