Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
SiVWW

Dubshed 2011 Thank you and Feedback Thread

A very big thankyou from GTINI to every single person involved in making DUBSHED 2011 happen, so many people helped with the preparations, and on the day to make it, i stand to be corrected, one of the largest car show Ireland has ever seen???... we lost count after 500 cars and approx 2000 peeps who passed through the halls throughout the day!!!! We couldnt even begin to list names, so THANK-YOU ALL ( You know who you are :) ) From everyone in the GTINI team (and we mean EVERYONE), a massive thank-you to all the traders & sponsors, to CLIC SARGENT & most importantly, every single one of you who came along on the day & supported us, either with your car, or as a spectator.... THANK-YOU... Thank-you to all the guys from the South too for making the journey up for the day / weekend; the guys who jumped on a plane or boat to come over from across the water, and to the Polish crew who left on Friday morning and drove over for the show.... :) We all hope that you had a good day, and there was something to keep you occupied... This only being our second year running the show, we were absolutely shocked and blown away by the turnout on the day.... we were only expecting half the final number we had! And with that in mind, even our best preparations were put to full test lol, thus, we didnt have enough bins etc... and other items we had planned didnt follow through completely as again, we were overwhelmed by the turnout, but fingers crossed you were not dissapointed :) As previously mentioned, we will have the CLIC charity totals shortly. As its only our second year doing this show, we are still learning ever minute, and as always, we know there are areas for improvement, and ideas and suggestions we need to take on board, because, at the end of the day, we want to put on the best show and most enjoyable day for you... so as we did last year, we would appreciate you put down all your likes, dislikes, what you would change, what you would like to see etc, etc for Dubshed 2012 folks... we already have a dozen points listed ourselves :) We appreciate all your constructive criticism and your helpful comments to make this show improve, grow for next year and give you guys the show you want so get posting! And once again, THANK-YOU FROM EVERYONE AT GTINI.

Well said Simon. Great show yet again and the standard was very high and tough to judge in certain categories. With being stood beside the gtini merchandise stand most of the day , I noticed quite a few guys looking GTINI hoodies. I have a friend who runs a hoodie company and she prints onto various colours, if you want i could get a few prices.

Well done everyone was a class day out really enjoyed it even the run up The road ragin we didn't get up on the Saturday but there's always next year ;-) well done to everyone who won the awards some unreal work went into the cars!! But as said maybe more bins couldn't find any at one stage only when everyone wAs going did I see them lol more classes for the limbo I speak for the majority of people inside in saying that maybe cording off the cars so people Cant put hands on them lean on them?

Superb turnout folks well done :D , altho I did hear several people complain about some guy in an orange t-shirt spitted curry chips all over cars while talking to folks?? :lol: Prizes were excellent too from what I saw, although gutted I didn't win the Polo, looked great (I want that brown envelope I slipped you before the draw back :lol: ) Some sort of finishers award thingy for every entrant maybe for next year as a thanks for folks for taking part? Most of the classic shows would do this and it's always well appreciated, and everyone leaves with something. Any idea how much £ raised for Clic?

Meant say any chance on reviewing entry fee, especially for folks with a few cars, in theory I could have had 4 of mine down as only live 2mile from it and have a few mates who could have brought a squad of their motors but not at 10 dabs a motor? Think Andy must have bankrupted himself the amount he brought :lol: His wee mk2 breadvan possibly my favourite car at the show 8) Really glad to see such as huge number at a show, was it biggest VW show in country? Has to be close! Think the location really helps :D Fair play again I know the sort of unseen and unsung work that goes into these events, and organisers never get to enjoy it themselves.

Just to back Simon up on what he said, big thankyou to everyone involved, especially to all those who helped out on Saturday and Sunday. Couldn't have done it without you guys!! Jim, I know you raised this point last year as well but we need to charge this in to cover costs. Also, it is considered to be good value for an event of its scale and location. Many a show you go to on the mainland or in the South could be £15/20euro! Thanks for your support for the show anyhow buddy, and the last few words of your last sentence are all too true....:P

Awesome Awesome show Guys really was, defo be back next year to help out were ever i can! Think a good point would be to make some sort of a sign for entrance doors for people to read that the cars are on display and not to touch incase you mark them etc.. I think the idea of a barrier in fornt of the cars wrecks the look of the car and wrecks the look again in photos took. Other than that i cant fault the show well done guys :)

Brilliant show put on this year, coudlnt believe how big it got in comparison to last year! Only thing i could say is maybe a bit more with food. Maybe just me but I couldnt get a sandwich and the que for the chip van was crazy most of the time. Other than that, had a briliant day out! :)

To repeat what Simon and Gethin have said. A huge thank you to everyone involved in helping organizing yesterdays show and to all who attended. :D As you may have noticed yesterday we did listen to the thoughts and views from people who attended last year and try to take on board any suggestions, recommendations on what we can improve and how we can improve it to make Dubshed a better experience for everyone who attends. :) Not everything we had planned went totally according to plan due to the certain circumstances but it's only our 2nd year and we're still learning too All feedback will be listened to again and understand we have certain constraints that maybe won't allow us to do things certain ways but we'll damn well try so feel free to put your thoughts up here or speak to us in person throughout they year Thanks Again :)

Better speakers at the prize giving we were near the middle of the hall and couldnt hear much and the idea of slideshow showing the car that one as not alot people know the cars by the reg

Better speakers at the prize giving we were near the middle of the hall and couldnt hear much and the idea of slideshow showing the car that one as not alot people know the cars by the reg
This one has been noted but unfortunately the PA is supplied by the Kings Hall. We will see what we can do for next year to improve on it.

1 burger van 2000plus people = fail. Bloody starving I was
Again this is supplied by the Kings Hall caterers. We had listened to the complaint from last year that there was not enough variety of food and had addressed this. Unfortunately I have to say at any event there will be a queue for food but we will see what we can do to provide more.

hey guys, crackin show! Soo much to see, best show i've been to in a long time. Is there a breakdown of the winners anywhere? Have a few mates who one prizes but I'm not sure who won what? Did the white mk3 golf with that red interior win car of the show? Is there a build thread on this anywhere?? Thanks again!

We did have a proper PA system in place but it failed to work on the day therefore we had to use the DJ's equipment. As far as the burger van goes.....we had estimated for 300-350 cars and 700 spectators. Just to put things in perspective for you there were in excess of 500 cars and 2000 spectators ;)

hey guys, crackin show! Soo much to see, best show i've been to in a long time. Is there a breakdown of the winners anywhere? Have a few mates who one prizes but I'm not sure who won what? Did the white mk3 golf with that red interior win car of the show? Is there a build thread on this anywhere?? Thanks again!
white mk3 build thread http://www.gtini.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7262

We did have a proper PA system in place but it failed to work on the day therefore we had to use the DJ's equipment. As far as the burger van goes.....we had estimated for 300-350 cars and 700 spectators. Just to put things in perspective for you there were in excess of 500 cars and 2000 spectators ;)
wow. thats great numbers. Roll on castlewellan

savage show again this year role on dubshed 2012 i must have been the only one who packed a lunch lol does anyone know why i got a picture taken of me my car and trophy is it going to be in a magazine or something????

savage show again this year role on dubshed 2012 i must have been the only one who packed a lunch lol does anyone know why i got a picture taken of me my car and trophy is it going to be in a magazine or something????
Crimewatch buddy.