Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
memsis

Weber 32/34 DMTL Carb on a 1.3?

short question! will a Weber 32/34 DMTL Carb fit my 1.3 mk2? iv been doing a little reading and it seems that all i potentially need is a fitting kit? is this right? my pierberg is messing about a little and my dreams of a 1.6 engine conversion might be gone after being told the 1.6 has different mounts etc and its looking too much work for me on my own.

MK2s are the most versatile of the lot. You'll probably notice they can take all the mk3 engines, some mk4s etc without too much work. The MK2 1.6 mount just bolts onto the normal subframe.

hmm im torn now. i like the idea of leaving it standard and for all the driving itl get i could live with the 1.3. its only going to to be a show/run up the coast car anyways. for less work and money though i could throw the weber on and have it running grand. might just do the weber haha

your likely right man. i apprecaite the honesty. i might just leave the conversion and throw a weber on it so its running better. i take it a 32/34 DMTL will fit on ok? im going by club polo as there seems to be more about the polo 1.3 than the 1.3 golf.

Don't think that'll fit straight on. Yuo'll need to check with a weber stockist to see if they have the bits needed to get it to work properly. Some of the bigger carbs need rejetted to work on the 1.3

I used to run a 32/34 weber on my 1.3 Nova many years ago.. It made 70bhp at the wheels (90 ish flywheel) on Mcvickers RR, also had a head and full 4-1 exhaust.. that's 20 more than standard Great carb..

Put a 32(34 weber on my polo s years ago plus my 1,8 cabrio a few years back. Superb upgrade. Buy new and it will come with all the manual choke(pierburgs are autochoke) conversion gobbins. Quite tricky to fit tbh