Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
cmg_

More lowz , without big money

right , i have a skoda fabia currently on DB automotive 120 coilovers the problem is a recently fitted 17's and now the car has been raised due to the rims , looking to find out a way to lower it more at the front ? the coilovers currently are screwed down full at the front ( no adjuster springs in coilovers btw ) any help is deeply welcome!

airbags! :P smaller wheels, or shorter springs on the coilovers? could be possible to flip the cups on the shocks around at the back, maybe some drop forks for the front? I'm no expert, I'm sure these guys can help you out a bit more, just what I have seen/heard of before.

Stretched tyres? Dunno if it would work well in coilovers but you could try heat compressing the spring. Or you could look into getting a differant set of coilovers are some just seem to lower the cars better than others. Im sure somebody will know about the heat compression

What is the idea behind heat compressing springs? Attach some coil suspension compressors and chuck them in the oven?!
iv heard of peopel doing that befire but does it not damage the spring or cause premature failure? get a few bags of blue circle in the boot!

Yeah I can imagine it completely destroys the spring! Haha I know, I was carrying some spare alloys in the back seats for ages and only eventually and very reluctantly took them out last week

ges someone throw this man a bone he wants to go lower.id say it might be ridding on the bump stop thers alot of coilovers that claim thay drop by 120 ther right thay do but u end up with a spring thats screwd down that far its got no tension and usaly the shock lengths not shorter than standerd so it stops u goin lower if this is the problem cheapest way out is cut the bumpstop and change the top mounts to thinner ones

or if ur cool with extremes find someone handy with a welder and cut the top mounts out and raise them as much as the car allows. this is the onli way i could get my mk3 estate down wer i wanted it this allowed me to screw the coils up away from the bump stop witch maid the ride alot softer because the shock had travel both ways

what ever way you do it DO NOT heat the springs seen this done to many times & springs breaking cause heat has changed the properties in them if you are going to cut them best to take a full coil off so they still sit in the cups properly or like the last post cut the top strut mounts out & raise them