Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
mcgarry

polo coilovers?

i have a set of rear mk2 golf coilover for my mk3 polo and they fit alright it just they raise the car up higher than stardard and with the helper spring out and them srewed right to the bottom there sitting at about stardard hight and there would be no movement in the shock at all. so me and a few friends were thinking is the anyway that the coilover could be striped down and the body of the shock be shorted aswell as the piston filled up with oil again and resealed makeing the hole unit shorter? has anybody ever heard of this being done? and would you know anyone that would be up for doing it? any help would be great thanks martin

Or why dont you just buy coilovers for the polo!? what you're talking about doing would cost a fortune - and i doubt theres anybody with the equipment to be doing it considering they are pressurised!!

because i want to lower my so i can tuck the tyre on 13s or 14s and i have heard that the polo ones dont go low enought and i don't fancey spending 500 quid on a set of hottuning ones i didnt no that they were pressurised i thought that they were the same as the fronts that were just filled with oil and then sealed? thanks for the info

the mk2 one deffently fit andy there just to big and the mk1 ones don't seem to be any smaller tbh thats why i was thinking about adapting these ones cause they don't owe me anything? it already has lowering springs andy just want to go lower with a bit of adjustability for when mot comes around lol its for my loon andy i was up at yours getting parts a few times lol

You would still be better buying a new set. As said before, by the time you finish modifying it would be more hassle than its worth. I can supply you a brand new set of coil-overs (front + rear) for the car with up to 80mm drop for about £209.00 all-in. Bolt them in and you're done no messing.

You would still be better buying a new set. As said before, by the time you finish modifying it would be more hassle than its worth. I can supply you a brand new set of coil-overs (front + rear) for the car with up to 80mm drop for about £209.00 all-in. Bolt them in and you're done no messing.

for a mk3 polo? if you did i would get a set off you
They wont be for a MK3 they'll be for a 6n! MK3 ones cost well over £500 cause of that stupid front strut/hub assembly!

You can get lowered springs and short shocks for the front and back of your Polo from Phil Jackson Tuning who is a site sponsor on Club Forum. We fitted an 80/60 kit to our Mk2 Polo Breadvan, pics below. The rears are a doddle to fit but the fronts are a right faff. The kit we fited was around the £180 delivered. Check out his ad. in the sponsors section on Club Polo Forum P7120026.jpgP7120032.jpgP7120035.jpg

sorry kno who u r now, lol . Mark the car is a mk3 90-94 shape. i bit the bullet and bought a set of coilovers from philj. waiting on them any day now. def dont think the mk2 1's will work. tho. how low r you looking to go?