Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Butternuts

What have you done to your car today?

468 posts in this topic

Monday - stripped wheels with wire wheel, rebuilt and resealed them. Made hardlines

Tuesday - got tyres fitted, fixed a leak, painted hardlines

Wednesday - nothing  :D

Fitted new window scrapers to both doors - £25  each for a rubber strip with a bend in it. The originals were badly perished, so I hope this is an end to rattly windows and more importantly, water ingress.

Went for a drive and it's so much quieter with the window half down, thanks to the tight fit of the new rubber. (Oo er missus - I know.)

Window scrapers a big success - it poured down last night and the carpets were bone dry this morning. Woo hoo!

Have had a new metal coolant pipe delivered - bodge job with rubber patch and hose clip has lasted 3 years, so I thought I'd fix it before it blows.

Once the long evenings start it's much easier to get a few jobs done.

Changed the Ignition switch, been bugging me for a while. Only had to remove the plastics, wiring plugs, steering wheel, airbag, split knuckle and pull out the steering column, simple really! Just for a 1 minute job to replace a switch. love mk3s! Only threatened to burn it once all evening!

Putting a clutch into the polo Gti , sleeve that the release bearing slids on is fubar'd , ordered one off VAG , clutch from Vw was £265 , so I got a luk for £68 bit of a difference

Fiances car still in the driveway so fitted new oil pressure switch (sorted the issue it was having), then decided to take SAI, N249 and some other silly unnecessary crap away... boosts a bit better now 

20140522_192354_zpsr2jcz3ae.jpg

I'm about to treat the mk2 to new handbrake cables. Refitted the interior and wired in the audio aswell. Going to be nice to have a quick run in her today.

The MK4 is probably feeling neglected but all plans are in place for next month's overhaul.

Washed the Jetta, and changed the headlight bulbs-

Philips H7 Diamond Vision dipped, Euro Look Yellow H7's Main/Full beam.

After and Before pic

beforeandafter.jpg

The Philips Diamond vision give off a much better whiter light than the Osram nightbreaker+ I was running. Not so sure about the Yellow Full beam though- illuminated road signs look awful  :huh:

Bought a set of .275 HFloX injectors for my ve 1.9tdi Golf, which when coupled with the 12mm pump, virgin grind high lift camshaft and gtb2260vk turbo I have should provide about 270+hp......

New battery for the 16v after having the embarrassment of having to push it through Dungannon when it conked out at a set of lights. Got the steering aligned as the handling felt dodgy after putting in the new wheel bearing.

Both adjusters seized and needed heat but has transformed the car as it was out by 15mm! 

Also cleaned out the ISV to stabilise the idling speed, new tailgate struts, new washer pipe clip for bonnet hinge and vaxed the seats. 

Then took her for a run through the Sperrin Mountains which has stunning scenery and at least it handles now.

Got log book in post yesterday so I've taxed the Golf for 3 months...will tax it for a year then so it lines up with the NCT, that'll tell you a bit about my OCD issues! Have spent most of the day trying to find the correct fog light holders and grilles, afraid to click order on micksgarage.com but 99.9% sure i've the right ones now!

Started doing a bit to this, cleaned the moss of it, tried charging battery but think too far gone, need to get going to get otherside clean lol and sort flat tyre, not moved in almost 2 years :unsure: set of leads on it though and I'm sure it'll fire up

polo1_zps5ipm9rca.png

loeb likes this

Bought new battery and fired it in, few mins cranking and it's purring like a kitten now, moved it for first time since Sept 2014! washed all the green crud off and blackened the trim.......... front bumper going to take a few spplications to say the least! Will try get some pics tomorrow once change the flat tyre.

loeb and domo-gti like this

Brought the Passat for NCT this morning. Failed on a leaking rear brake caliper :o so need to get that sorted ASAP. Brake performance at 60%. :mellow:

Sourced a set of genuine amber small bumper indicator lenses for the Golf.

Cut up a (perfect) sacrificial headliner into eight pieces for some colour sampling for the black interior project. I know an upholstery guy who said he will spray my existing headliner with special paint. He reckons much easier than using fabric due to the contours etc. Hoping to drop them to him today to start some paint sampling!

Also took delivery of some black headliner trim clips and black visor receivers.

Black interior project in full effect! :ph34r:

Ro