Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Gethin

The Dubshed 2010 Feedback thread

Put all your likes, dislikes, what you would change, what you would like to see etc, etc for Dubshed 2011 in in folks... We appreciate all your constructive critism and your helpful comments to make this show improve, grow for next year and give you guys the show you want so get posting! :)

I think this has been said before in other posts, but il say it here. When the winner is announced it would be nice to see his/her car, this could be done in many ways, picture on projector beside winner or a drive past the stage, although the drive by (like ed30) could be hard due to room and also then the fun in knowing who won would be revealed before the spokeperson says the name as the car would be ready to drive for a prize so photo would work best. But im sure you get the jist of the feedback. To have it on a saturday would be perfect. I loved every minute of the show and having feedback and threads like this can only make the show better next year so if you have anything to say just say it guys.

LIKED *the location *the quality of the cars, especially the green mk4 *the relaxed friendly atmosphere DISLIKED *the lack of traders(but i guess there's a recession on, and it's a new event so it's to be expected) *the lack of tomato ketchup when i got a burger *the lack of dubshed/gtini merchandise WOULD LIKE TO SEE *merchandise *cars arranged by make/model to make it easier to see the ones you are interested in, however i know it might mean some people only hang around the cars they like instead of venturing further afield. *some people on the forums are saying it was a bit of a long day so either shorten the event or put on more to keep people occuped. if there was a larger turnout of cars to show next time though it might do the job of keeping the punters interested all in all though i really enjoyed the event

what you would like to see
More double d's Less of Simons farts :P From what i picked up , people would like to be able to buy gtini/dubshed merchandise on the day

Great location and great attendence, cars etc stunning. The Hyundai getting beat up was hilarious! Think entry fee was a bit on the high side and i know of a lot of people who were put off by this, generally a show is about the cars and the more there the better. Possibly have a reduced entry just to bring car into show but not enter show and shine? Also any other show I've ever attended entry fee was always for a car driver and passenger not just driver. I know how hard it is organising events and a pat on the back is deserved by all in question, as it was a brilliant show, and went really well for it to be the first year of the event, having an indoor section was a great plan too! Fair play to ya's

More double d's Less of Simons farts :P From what i picked up , people would like to be able to buy gtini/dubshed merchandise on the day
+1 :lol: Although Ray you definitely rival Simon on them farts, I reckon with a little more choke you would have got it started. :lol:

do agree entry fee should have encluded a passenger. i agree with jim in todays climate an round £10 for car and passenger would have done the trick. didn effect me ive no friends to bring Ahhh i hear u say.

Can't complain. Would have liked air con in either car i brought, but wasnt possible. Thought it was great to see so so many people appearing. Even had the queue in backed up as far as the lisburn road at one stage :) The quality of the cars too was incredible. As was the atmosphere. Would like to see Simon win a few less prizes in the raffle next time. Give everybody else a chance lol. Couldnt have asked for better weather. Spent a hell of a lot of the day in the car, but was mainly dur to bein too warm and tired. Roll on 2011 i say :) I'll definately be in attendance and will be more than happy to help out again. And ill never turn down an indoor spot again :( Doh :( I'll even pay double next time lol

Here's a few things. If I think of anything else I'll post it up. The obvious stuff that's been mentioned: More traders Projector showing pics of the winners cars (or a live video feed from someone with a camera having a look round the car). Other stuff: More variation in the food available. The seats and tables in a different location away from the stage. An easier way to get to the stage for prize winners (gap in the barriers at the front) More space to walk behind the cars in the shed behind the stage. Maybe just move the cars forward from the wall 2-3 feet which would still leave room for the cars in the middle. Definitely keep the cars with their clubs together. It means that there's a whole mix of different cars scattered throughout the show and stuff gets to be seen that people wouldn't otherwise look at. The Wii was a great idea but what about having it on a bigger screen and renting a bank of 4 sega rally machines? There's another guy rents a full rally simulation machine too. What about adding a sound off section to the show and maybe getting a couple of EMMA cars in for a display to pair up with SIM? Get Neil from Rockvale Graphics in to do on site vinyls for people and have a stand selling stickers. The dealers like VW and Audi should have their cars lined up at the entrance. Keeps the main door neat and professional. Saw this at a couple of other shows.

I personally wouldnt be keen on the Emma idea - this is a vw show not for sounds plus it wrecks my head at shows having people blaring music this has been mentioned a few times by a couple others but i have to agree with it, would there have been any way to get the show finished earlier? now i do realise how long the judging and everything took but anyway that the judging could have been done earlier? for some of us southerners didnt get home until 10pm and with work yesterday morning i was not at my freshest :lol: everyone seems to be complaining about the awards and not knowing any of the cars etc - other than edition38 and MIVW i dont know of any show that isnt done the same way, i agree the projector would be a good idea though if it were feasible i like how the clubs are parked together and individual cars are parked where the want and not by category, this way when looking round you get to see all cars and not just for eg the mk1's and mk2's More food stands would have been good but i realise with it been in its first year you didnt wanna have too many food stands when you didnt know what sort of a crowd to expect Lads i really cant say enough how good of a job you all did - iv heard nothing but kind things from people about the show and praising you all, i dont think you realise yourselves how good it really was, i said this to ray on sunday but Dubshed was as good if not alot better than some of the English shows You should all be really proud of yourselves you did a fantastic job

this was my first VAG show i attended after only joining the site a few weeks ago, i thought it went brilliantly, i've got nothing other than a few small local shows to compare it with but i thoroughly enjoyed myself. the cars were great, anyone i spoke to about their cars were friendly and would just like to congratulate the organisers on a great success. I would have liked to have bought some gtini merchandise tho.

Been to many different car shows over the years and this was def one of the best I have been to in NI. For it being dub specific (aka the best lol) the standard of the show cars inside was fantastic and it was really good to see alot of cars up from the south and over form england. Agree with the trade stands and merchandising stuff perhaps more necessary. I think the weather really made the show too (unfortunatlely something we cant control in this country) But I think that a drive through outdoor stand for the show winners as mentioned could maybe work. Congrats guys I am pretty new on here but I was really impressed and cant wait for Castlewellan now and I aim to have one of my cars finished for it.

Excellent day Most people have hit on everthing i was thinking, disapointed there was no catagorys for judgeing/trophys for Audi or jetta/vento/bora there was a fair amount there! Other than that great day !

There certainly were my friend! All winners and pictures of their cars will be posted soon. :) Bazmcc with the red Bora won best booted Ivan Warwick won best Audi with his Rally spec Quattro

LIKED WOULD LIKE TO SEE *cars arranged by make/model
please god now, nothing more i hate than seein a row of mk2, then a row of mk3 etc mix the quality up, id rather see a mk1 beside a mk5 then a audi onto a aircooled beside a polo next to a jetta, instead of ohhh a mk2, a mk2, a mk2 get me?

please god now, nothing more i hate than seein a row of mk2, then a row of mk3 etc mix the quality up, id rather see a mk1 beside a mk5 then a audi onto a aircooled beside a polo next to a jetta, instead of ohhh a mk2, a mk2, a mk2 get me?
totally agree with this

totally agree with this
Some guys are only interested in their own model which means they wont walk around which is a shame in many shows. Keep it to club stands!!!

Less of Simons farts :P
PMSL, you got caught up in a living hell where both Nigel and I dropped one at the same time!!!! :lol::lol: Reminded me of a gas chamber in the war!!!!
i would have liked somewhere to lie down when the peak of my hangover kicked in :lol:
Wish I had got a picture of you on the desk :lol: :lol: