Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
leon10tagg

Post your TDI/PD dynos here

Phone them and find out for yourself...Telephone: 02894 478668 BTW it was the blue DC5 they used for the test. Why, will I loose marks :wink:
Gav I asked you how...if you know whats the problem with stating how?? Who said anything about marks......this thread is about power output and dynos. It would be useful to add sources to allow other members to learn and hopefully add to the debate and keep pushing diesel tuning in NI.

Took the golf today to Autotune to check the current setup with cam and new smf clutch.......broke 200hp.......well chuffed......will post up print out tomorrow......following this a few more mods to do then it'll be remapped.....

The new RR plot....pictures pretty poor as its taken with the camera.....when Autotune forward the original I'll post it up.... IMAG0098.jpg As I said it broke 200hp......to be exact 201whp/219chp and 351lbs ft.....but it appears theres still some power to be had as the turbo is not maxed out and theres no shortage of fueling.....also I've still got the pusher pump to fit, the intake to port match, the car to be remapped and the injectors pop pressures to be adjusted.........but I might take cold feet as I'm already pushing the rods..... The above is up 28chp and 50lbs ft from this time last year.....and the power curve is smoother with no dips in power on the dyno plot or on the open road......

Original from Autotune.... RRTDIGolfJan2011.jpg The quality is pretty poor..... Anyway got to thinking today about a few more mods which should increase the power over and above the ones mentioned above, whilst at the same time reducing cylinders temperatures...... Regards the new RR plot its clear to see that the power is dropping earlier although out on the road that doesn't seem to be the case so I'm going to check if the tuning box was on max. setting......

Gethin you can never get too much of a good thing :twisted: and I want more now that I have a better idea of the potential of the car.....however it looks as though rods are required even at the current torque levels. Anyway in the interim until I can afford it I'll be finishing off the passat, which should keep me satisfied for a while :?

I've now fitted the PD130 passat inlet manifold to the golf that i've been porting out to try get a bit more airflow. Fitting it turned into a catalouge of disasters as I broke the charge pressure control valve pipe and then I broke the tuning box connection to the MAF. Also found the anti-shudder valve feed to be twisted.......however all sorted now. Hopefully it'll provide a bit of air flow increase......as every bit counts to increase power and reduce smoke.....

I reckon tht a day setting the car up at Torquetronix, then a trip to autotune for a dyno and then off to ai. All same day, Weather, Fuel etc!! Just too see the differences... Stil cant understand how Torque and Hp can change like tht.. Any ideas on this??

i need to replace the air intake apparently the intake i have is standard also need to replace the exhaust for something a bit sportier, im just doing the ccv mod this eve . Other than that i dont know what has been done is the bigger turbo, a decat, egr delete itg filter, fmic thats about it! i would probably need to the clutch before anything else anyway!

The standard air intake should be fine......don't fit an oiled filter whatever you do as it will eat the MAF meter. A big bore down pipe and exhaust will improve response, reduce back pressure and exhaust gas temperatures which will free up a few more horses and improve turbo reliability and decrease thermal loading on the engine...

Just finished off the ccv mod ! yeah i have to save up the beans to get the full system want to do the clutch too before heading back up to steve at auto tune cheers for the tip!