Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
leon10tagg

Post your TDI/PD dynos here

Transmission losses of all RR's posted: Garethtdi100 - 10% (based on chp 193.1 and whp 174.9) daz-pd - 12% (based on chp 191.3 and whp 169.9) leon10tagg - 10% (based on 192.3 and whp 174) Gavin - 7% (based on chp 236.4 and whp 219) If I have mis-read any of the print outs please highlight changes required. IMO any losses of 12% or less are very good, for transversely mounted engine's, but it is also dependant upon things like unsprung weight, the dyno correction factors and even the type of tyres used.

i havent got mine mapped but i have a tuning box in it and its put it from a 130 to a 150 with 260 lbs of torque which i was and am happy with for a free tuning box lol ill get a pic up later

I feel that WHP is qiute low?? I was getting a figure of 195 WHP with 211 CHP.
When i got my car mapped it was turned down due to running a standard clutch. Apprently it was slipping badly! Noticed you dont lik TT's work Gavin. But i have no complaints and when i get the new clutch and a hybrid i will be back. Who maps your cars?

When i got my car mapped it was turned down due to running a standard clutch. Apprently it was slipping badly! Noticed you dont lik TT's work Gavin. But i have no complaints and when i get the new clutch and a hybrid i will be back. Who maps your cars?
How do you turn down WHP??? Who map my cars?? Whoever I have confidence in and it most certainly will never be the crowd you use. Seen enough balls up from them and currently own one...

Dont no! But the torque was too high for the clutch so the over all power was cut back to my understanding. Did u not have problems with your hybrid map 1st time around?
Torque wasn't to high it was the way the map was written. My 1st map had over 300 lb/ft of OEM DMF/Clutch and never once slipped. To much torque to low down in the rpm's to create a false feeling of speed. Seen it time and time again with tuners over here to give customers this feeling.This is also why alot have bother with IC pipes blowing off that and them being partly worn. Had problems with both hybrid maps but all sorted now. In future I'll be getting maps from Europe or Alligator as nobody in the UK can really compete with them for price, knowledge, or experience.

Wher you happy with that map? I would like a bit more power myself. Anyway gota love anoyin the vtec guys, it wipes the smiles off thier faces when the diesels start playing with them. Which miltek did you get? I got the Non-resonated. Makes few spec noises down low! Do you have the same prob?

Most certainly was couldn't have been happier. The noise happens on the OEM 1749vb turbo and the rest, once you hybrid they disappear completely. I have a non-res miltek also.

Torque wasn't to high it was the way the map was written. My 1st map had over 300 lb/ft of OEM DMF/Clutch and never once slipped. To much torque to low down in the rpm's to create a false feeling of speed. Seen it time and time again with tuners over here to give customers this feeling.This is also why alot have bother with IC pipes blowing off that and them being partly worn. Had problems with both hybrid maps but all sorted now. In future I'll be getting maps from Europe or Alligator as nobody in the UK can really compete with them for price, knowledge, or experience.
One of the drawbacks of the rotary pump is that no matter how you map it there will always be a very high level of torque low down due to greater difficulty in controlling the injection timing. This does not apply to the PD.....but it depends on what you want....personally I like torque and lots of it.....diesels are not meant to rev and due to the combustion process you are limited to approx. 5K rpm. Just one thing to note Aligator also builds his own engines, which is the major difference between him and the tuners in the UK.

Ah rite. Another plus point on gettin a hybrid turbo then. Il have to search up these Aligator people. Worth a look...
Gareth a lot of the european and US tuners are better at mapping but there are still some over here capable if they apply a bit more thought to what they are doing. It will of course require you to have a boost gauge, EGT and EMP gauges fitted and be prepared to tell the tuner what you want!!

Have you got an egt gauge wired up? I still havent got th right size tap for the thread yet. How do european and US tuners map cars over here?
VAG-COM Logs...Of every block possible... I can nearly guarantee that 100% of the 2260 conversions (7 that I know of personally from talking to the owners) that will be done by the end of this month will be mapped by a European this way as they wouldn't trust a single person in the UK to do it...

Have you got an egt gauge wired up? I still havent got th right size tap for the thread yet. How do european and US tuners map cars over here?
EGT probe sitting in the garage at present.....waiting on the oil pressure gauge and 3 gauge mounting plate, which are currently in customs. When I receive them I'll start the install...along with the boost controller of course..