Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lynx

coilovers mk2

just wondering if anyone has bought of hottunning heres link : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COIL-OVER-COILOVER-VW-GOLF-MK2-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENSION_W0QQitemZ110458523997QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b7d7515d can they be trusted just been reading feedback and is kit any good or if anyone can recommend another supplier

Had no dealings with thesecoils but heard good and bad stories. Although i and a few friends have bought TA Technix coils from germany£180 to your door and no complaints. I reckon if its for a budget weekend car and on a budget then it will do well. just my view. no point going out spending £500 on semi race suspension which will do no more than 1000 mile a year and nowhere near a track

i have ta technix in my wee golf and i cant complain about them. mine are wound rite down and i use it everyday and there fine. i paid 170quid for them and they took 2 days to come. my mate has hottuning coils in his 6n2 polo and i find them quite hard compared to mine.

I am one of the friends Nigel says has the TA Technix. Have them in the Jetta. It has done less than 100 miles in the year but have KW's in the VRS and to be honest don't notice a great difference in ride quality between them.. If your not going to track the car, they are spot on..

I know it's a bit late but... I have a set of Hottuning coilies on my 8volt, they are cheap and do a grand job of dropping the car on it's hole. Only bad thing about them is the harsh ride. V bouncy, so bouncy infact that the front wheels have been known to leave the ground if you hit a slight bump in the road under hard acceleration. There seems to be two kinds, the ones I have are silver with red adjusters. The others (which my bro had on an Astra turbo coupe thing) are silver with red and blue adjusters and top caps. These are the ones I'd go for, still kindy harsh but more like lowering springs rather than back breaking, eye shaking harsh as a mother f@#ker.

Just make sure they're well greased or sealed as they tend to completely sieze within a short space of time. Might even be worth taking them out every 6 months to make sure they can still be moved.

cheers bamcc , will do , just to let ye's know bought sunday evening on ebay recieved this morning well impressed , would use again , ill keep ye updated on any issues I might come across fitting and handling , next step internals

Would it be worth getting a set of coilovers for a standard mk2. Wouldnt want to lower much, keepit fairly standard looking but better the ride quality, any suggestions!

ye defo ' date=' at 170 posted to your door I couldnt complain[/quote'] Hey dude, sorry i havent got back to you, usual story for me... still havent even had a chance to get the Mk3 finished for my daily yet :( Rokko coilovers to me are like every other coilover out there.... they lower the car to where you want it, and they are harsh as heck lol.... I cant get the Mk3 down as much as id like becuase there isnt enough axle weight to hold it down! lol, and its bouncy as heck with it :P Im going to have to start wearing a bra to hold my moobs in place.

Would it be worth getting a set of coilovers for a standard mk2. Wouldnt want to lower much' date=' keepit fairly standard looking but better the ride quality, any suggestions![/quote'] Try lowering springs, should get u a bit lower & give better handling

Can anyone recommend a spring kit or coilover kit for my gti 16v... not looking to slam it, just lower front slightly... had fk konigs on my audis and they never gave me problems.... the back of the golf mk2 is sitting lower than front so just looking to balance her out...would prefer coilovers as springs sometimes dont sit the way you want them to