Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Butternuts

Breakers today and..... Pic's up now

See how they clean up first, usually a dab or 2 of tcut sorts them out no problem!!Not that I would know with my stinking brakes!!lol If getting them powdered you'll have to split them down and fill any bits with bolts etc, to make sure they don't get coated internally!

if your looking them powder coated theyll need a bit more prep than a rub with wheel cleaner just leave them in to get blasted and coated, or else go mad with wheel cleaner and a wire brush then hammerite them

Currently I have a 312mm set up on the front of my golf and would now like to fit the larger rear vents. Therefore are the part numbers stamped on the rear calipers? If they are can you PM them? Also just a tip but buy youself the new bolts for fitting the dust shields. They will either break or the head of the bolt will be so badly corroded the head will wring.

Cheers for the tip will look into that.. I dont have the calipers here at the min.. they have been set away for a re build and powder coated. but where there back i'll have a look and see if a part number in on them.

Ive no idea..lol thou I did come across this a while back.. gives you a clue to what came on the cars. VW Golf R32 | Audi TT 3.2 Quattro # The Front brakes are 334mm x 32mm Vented 2-piece Discs, Twin piston calipers # The Rear brakes are 256mm x 22mm Vented Discs, 38mm Lucas singles Seat Leon Cupra R The Front brakes are 323mm x 28mm Vented (grooved/drilled option) discs with 4 pot Brembo calipers The rear brakes are 256mm x 22mm Vented , with 38m Lucas single piston calipers Audi TT-Quattro (225hp) | VW Golf Anni | Skodá Octavia VRS | VW Golf V5 170 | VW Golf V6 4 Motion # The Front brakes are 312mm x 25mm Vented Discs, 54mm ATE single piston calipers # The Rear brakes are 256mm x 22mm Vented Discs, 38mm Lucas single Piston calipers Audi TT (180hp) # The Front brakes are 312mm x 25mm Vented Discs, 54mm ATE single piston calipers # The Rear brakes are 232mm x 9mm Solid Discs, Golf 1.8T | Golf 130/150 TDI | Seat Leon 130/150 TDI and 1.8T # The Front brakes are 288mm x 25mm Vented Discs, 54mm ATE single piston calipers # The Rear brakes are 232mm x 9mm Solid Discs 2.0 8v | TDI 115 | TDI 110 | TDI 100 | TDI 90 # The Front brakes are 280mm x 22mm Vented Discs, Single piston calipers, caliper carrier integrated into hub # The Rear brakes are 232mm x 9mm Solid discs # Golf 1.4 16V | Golf 1.6 16v | Golf 1.6 8v | SDI # The Front brakes are 256mm x 22mm Vented Discs # The Rear brakes are 232mm x 9mm Solid Discs

Got the brakes back there today.. You wouldnt know they where the same set I sent away. There's no part number on the rears leon10tagg.. I think Gavin could be right as the Anni rears look like the ones on my car at the min.

This is the best i could do as I cant find my camera and had to use my phone, pictures don't really do them justice.. Added some before ones to give you an idea. They where treated with new seals in the fronts and in the rears full dissasembly, inhibit , strip, sand blast, etch prime, powder coat in Azko Nobel paint, rebuild, polish slider pins, polish pad springs, new bleed nipples... Whats you think? 23092009107.jpg03122009157.jpg23092009109.jpg03122009155.jpg03122009163.jpg03122009159.jpg