Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
SiVWW

Aftermarket springs....

... am torn between springs only or coil overs.... wasnt planning on changing the suspension so soon as was going to do work on the house, but seeing Samantha decided for me yesterday ive no choice now!!!!! Looking like i can get a set of adjustable rear arms for £160, so anyone know of decent ( cheap!!!) coillies?

Cheers Gary' date=' how much roughly?[/quote'] Mine where probably a little cheaper?, not sure about exchange rates now and how the euro has struck!, I paid £360 delivered!

def stay clear of pi's si! unless you have an excellent low cost nhs dentist to replace your bottom row every week. a bit brutal and well dung really as already mentioned. have to agree with veedubboy in that eibachs are very hard to beat though its the old "you get what you paid for" syndrome. have used h&r stuff before and had mixed results alhough they certainly arent budget. trial and error sir

Since I got the car back with the new stuff on it I've been thinking the cars needs to be lower so been reading up on suspension stuff... most of it being on uk-mkivs.net have a look on there Si before you do any thing. A good few of them are going for Koni/Eibachs and staying away from coilovers... When I got my car there was pi springs in it, the car was all over the place in corners really really bad like.. been running Eibach 30mm pro spings the last 2 years and i'm very happy with them...

Please dude for the love of god dont put cheap s*** near the car they handle well standard, so Eibach Pro-Kit springs should see you with a bit better stance Cheap coilovers will do one thing to that car - F**K IT UP THE A** Please dont do it, its fine in a £300 passat or a mk2 or other equally shitty (relative) dub, but not in a decent motor

You could always buy 'venom' specials.... NOT Bought coilovers for the bora over a month n a half ago. Were meant to be in for C'wellan.. and due to coming extremely late, couldnt get them in in time. Then when the fitting day came, it was a monumental *** up. Didnt fit. Well, they did. But, the inside of the wheel was literally grinding on the coilover spring as i tried to drive off ramp. So, tried spacers. Tried smaller 'sport' wheels. Tried more spacers. And still wasnt enough to get it off the spring sufficently. The advice i got from venom was to use spacers. After explaining that i tried that and for it to work, id need to have so many spacers, that when the car goes down, it would rip the wing off. Now, i understand that if the car was to be right down, then this problem may occur. or, if i were to be running big wheels, then the problem may occur. But, with standard wheels.. something isnt right. Now ive got the problem of returning them to venom. I have to pay the postage to return an item that doesnt fit, and now that i really want rid of. Am i right in thinking that im gonna be out of pocket here to send a 20kg parcel back to them when they could at least make some arrangement? Rant over.. lol

Yeah, senditnow.com are good, have used them several times. How did you pay for them Mike, if you paid through credit card, can you contest your money as they supplied parts that dont fit... and keep them until they pay postage? Just a thought?

Got them sent there now for £18. friend sorted it for me, so used that option. plus i was too tired to send it another way lol. Did indeed pay for it by credit card Si.. Ill have to save senditnow for future reference :)