Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
SiVWW

Castlewellan '09

No Toxic he was not in our group of cars, me and the majority of our camp went to bed at about 1.30-2.00. We had not seen the Seat crowd since I think it was 10pm in the evening up until 2.30am, to which afterwards there was a large arguement concerning them and a group of public campers from belfast. I was talking to the occupants of the Focus asking them why they were here and they said they were up for a bit of craic cos they were banned from the park before, reports of them driving around the camp site intoxicicated only emerged the morning after along with the news of the incident in the washrooms. I don't know if they were told to move on or not. I honestly don not know who was involved in the Toilet incident, but I only came on here to clear my name and my friedns of any sort of involvement as its not the type of thing we would be doing. I heard a woman talking to the boys from Monaghan accusing them of drink driving and that she would take their registrations and hand them over to the police, this is when I heard my car being mentioned.

Guys...at 10am we were told about this by the ranger...we were forced to engage in a pro active role to stop the ranger cancelling the show on the day...if we had not acted in the way we had then there would have been no show never mind next year. At that stage of the day we were doing damage limitation on information received by camping residents and the ranger. I can only apologise for what has happened if anyone was indeed innocent but as i said we were trying to save the show on the day in front of the ranger.
This is why I left immediatley after I was told by you Nigel, I did not want to hang about, argue and put the shown in srious jeporday.

Great Day Boyz,, This was my first event like this and I have to say I was well impressed with the running of the day and also the great turn out from all over Ireland.. Some beautiful classics and modern monsters.. Best of luck for next year.. Cheers G

the attitude of you high vis brigade leaves a lot to be desired. i turned up yes late but at the gate i did APOLOGISE to the guy and all he could do was grunt at me. i was told the entry fee didnt matter but seeing as it was for charity i still gave £10. in return he retorted with another grunt and park in the corner. after parking and taking a walk we decided to have a bbq as OTHERS were doing. as it was raining hard we took shelter under the trees only to be told by some old git and some whale of a guy that we had to fu..cking move as the smoke and grease were going on their cars. the high vis hitlers then appeared and the first words were "right you knock it on the head" i was told bbqing was not allowed. i pointed out that there where numerous others bbqing but this feel on deaf ears and i was told to "put it out" i will never attend another show associated with gtini again as i find some of your members to be nothing short of ignorant pr..icks and liars. i phoned the head ranger at castlewellan and asked him to clarify if bbqing was allowed in the main car park. his answer funnily enough was "yes no problem you can bbq here" so it seems your high vis hitlers are lying fuc..kers too.

the attitude of you high vis brigade leaves a lot to be desired. i turned up yes late but at the gate i did APOLOGISE to the guy and all he could do was grunt at me. i was told the entry fee didnt matter but seeing as it was for charity i still gave £10. in return he retorted with another grunt and park in the corner. after parking and taking a walk we decided to have a bbq as OTHERS were doing. as it was raining hard we took shelter under the trees only to be told by some old git and some whale of a guy that we had to fu..cking move as the smoke and grease were going on their cars. the high vis hitlers then appeared and the first words were "right you knock it on the head" i was told bbqing was not allowed. i pointed out that there where numerous others bbqing but this feel on deaf ears and i was told to "put it out" i will never attend another show associated with gtini again as i find some of your members to be nothing short of ignorant pr..icks and liars. i phoned the head ranger at castlewellan and asked him to clarify if bbqing was allowed in the main car park. his answer funnily enough was "yes no problem you can bbq here" so it seems your high vis hitlers are lying fuc..kers too.
Hmm as we hire the car park then we can pretty much dictate what happens in it you wolly. Also your smoke was annoying several asthmatic people or didn't you think that far ahead??

asthmatic people now that is a load of rubbish. i heard exactly what went on and what others have told me. seeing as you like to dictate then you have a rule for 1 and a different 1 for another. the guy who was with me is asthmatic and funny enough it didnt affect him. if your going to lie at least make them believable lies :D

LOL...welcome to the forum...some anger bottled away there. The other bbq ers are far as i was aware didnt not tell anyone that complained to "fcuk off you " and on several occasions abusive to them. One bbq i seen was in the back of a 6yc car was asked to be put shortly after it was lit...most people bbq up near the top on the grass , where no one was being annoyed.From what i heard you were smoking out most of that corner of the cark park and were annoying several show attendees. TBH the show day was chaos due to dealing with the camping issues..4-5 sepearate people complained about your bbq but the thing that sunk you was being abusive to people...if you cant handle getting your bbq put out then thats tough .Have fun at other non gtini shows /events...i am sure they will be much better PS this is hilarious...never heard of bbq rage.

I was standing beside the passat when you were asked to put it out. Your attitude and ignorant behaviour towards officials when asked to put it out was unnecessary. Tentions were running a bit high that day but it would have been best to just abide to what was being asked of you instead of making any issue.

Awww this is class!!!! I was having a bad morning up until now, i cant help but smile reading this.... BBQ rage and those hitler pics.... first class lololol "beetleboy".... regardless of one rule for one and one for others.... on that day, your particular BBQ was causing annoyance to others, apparently you had been asked nicely to sort it, but you refused to move it.... thus a situation began... Firstly, yes, there were other bbqs lit, but they were not annoying anyone... i know in one case of somebody moving theirs to another location as it was causing a lot of smoke rouund a group of cars... they did the gentlemanly thing and moved it so as not to annoy anyone else without any issue ( except charred fingers ;) many thanks :) ) At the end of the day, we all have to respect our neighbours.... we are all there for the same reason, to have a good day and enjoy the company and the craic... not have to put up with one or two individuals doing whatever the hell they want regardless or who they upset.... which unfortunately we had handful of issues regarding!!!!! If i go to a show, im very aware that i am there as a guest, and never once have i said a word if ive ever been asked to move my car... turn my stereo down blah blah... as if im being asked to do so, there is obviously a reason behind it.... we all love to look at cars, listen to music, have a bbq.... we just have to respect those around us... it called life!!!!

i agree with beetle boy the hivis hitlers at the gate wer wackers so dry even told us we wernt allowed in the show n shine after driving 100 odd miles to get there i understand we were late but there was no need for the sh1tty attitude. we went back up and got it sorted but they were still twisted.

Hmm as we hire the car park then we can pretty much dictate what happens in it you wolly.
exactly the attitude that greeted you at the gate am just back from mivw 10 times the show got a smile at the gate and the hi-vis brigade greeted you as you went through. even came home with a trophy/glassware and didnt have to lick ring on a forum to get it

.... all i can say is that any time i was at the gates or directing anyone, there was banter and chat all round... no glum faces seen from my end, though we the organisers did get it VERY rough after the ranger came and told us of all the pathetic antics that went on the night before, and that at one point may have led to us clearing the carpark and cancelling the show there and then, when it was already over ¾ full!!! so there were a few stern faces from us understandably after that because of that... and at one or two points through the day, we were well within our rights to be pisssed off with one or two peeps behaviour!!! After the previous evenings events, we were on zero tolerance observation from the ranger and land owner... we couldn’t afford to take any public enquiries or complaints lightly.... and had to address each accordingly. For such a big outcry being made over being asked to move a bbq as it was annoying several persons in its vacinity.... thats nothing compared to other issues we faced that day, and since!!! I repeat, we are all there for a good time, not to be intimidated or made feel uncomfortable by peeps.... there is enough trouble in the world already without that atmosphere being brought to a relaxed family car show. As always, its one or two individuals who think they can do whatever they want who spoil it for everyone in one way or another...we are still waiting on confirmation if we have a show next year!!! Again, can we repeat our apologie to any persons who became tangled up in the camping issue who were not directly involved, and thank them for their understanding and co-operation in the matter.

well if it isnt "jimcupra" the keyboard warrior!!, i noticed you didnt say too much when face to face!!, and why any club or show would want someone like you at a show i´ll never know i dont think calling people old,fat or being raceist on here will win you any friends, so go back to sleeping with your relatives! probably years of inbreeding has you this way