Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
SiVWW

Castlewellan '09

Just wanted to say a big well done to:- Nigel,Si,Gavin,Dolph and the two lovely ladies on the gate today plus all the rest off the club, Thoroughly enjoyable show under difficult circumstances, hope the actions of a few haven't spoilt it for the many, awesome turn out of cars from our wee country some as good as anything the mainland has to offer, hope next year goes ahead, thanks for a good day out, cheers Cathal 8)

Cheers guys it was a great day as always, I even got a trophy on the NI-BMW stand. It takes alot of work to pull something as good as this off. Ratboy when you say the 2 lovely ladies on the gate do you mean Lorraine and Ricky who were collecting on the way out :lol::lol: .

A massive congratulatinos to all that was involved in organising the show! real credit to use guys, this is deffinatly one of the main shows of every year and i do hope the few ''wreckers' havnt spoiled it for the rest of us...

Really enjoyed the day,a credit to all involved in organising it,and the weather held pretty well too.Great cares too especially the Dub turnout. Cheers Brian.

Guys and Gals.... can i speak on behalf of everybody in GTINI, and thank everybody for coming along yesterday and supporting the show.... we hope you had a smashing day, and that the drizzle didnt annoy you too much ( i was well chuffed that we missed the thunderstorms that had been reported ) Unfortunately, several reported incidents relating to one or two individuals camping on site for the show the night before put a cloud over the day for everyone... names will not be mentioned, but acts of rowdy behaviour and vandalism took place, with several families complaining in the camp site.... due to these one or two individuals, the future of Castlewellan is in jeopardy... we are still in talks to repair relations with the owners of the grounds, and still unsure if we will be allowed to run the show at the same venue next year... watch this space.... To those who caused the problems... in future, if you cant act sensibly and responsibly, and respect the rights, property and efforts other people go to to make such events happen ( wherever they may be ) then do everyone a favour, and dont bother coming! Can we apologise to anyone who was not directly involved in these incidents, but suffered due to being in the same vicinity or proximity as the trouble makers... and can we thankyou for your understanding and co-operation. A fabulous day had by all, the quality and quantity of cars each year just gets better and better!!! A big thankyou to all the traders who attended, and to everyone who donated prizes for the raffle... Congratulations to all who took home a wee prize in one way or another, and fingers crossed, we look forward to seeing you all again next year ( somewhere!!! ) Thanks again :P

PS, a fabulous evenings craic camping last night.... one of the most enjoyable and relaxed evening ive had in a long time....just home and still on a buzz from it all. Il have to post up my pics later... some very funny ones!!!!! lol, and i just remember some taken of me... ooops, but hey, we were all quite drunk!!!!! PMSL at the night hike to the "camp over the hill "lol OOOOOOOOO, ME CRIGGS!!!!!!

What a weekend...pissed off about the carry on that took place fri/sat on the camp site but what is done is done.Did not stop an awesome show and turnout:). Stanard was immense....favs were Gethins mk3vrt, Kyles tt, and the bread slice caddy

Thanks to Chris for this collage video
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!! fabulous collection of pics, made me wish it was yesterday again watching that :P :P :P :P :P :P Just makes you appreciate the time, efforts and money that everyone puts into their cars!!!! Everyone deserves a very big pat on the back, its a pleasure to see so many variations and styles of cars :P :P :P

Anyone one else ever have to reregister to this site because for some very strange reason my account seems to have been deleted and i can even find any post i made in the past ... very strange .. but anyway Thanks guys, glad you like the video, dont forget to check out part 2

I wouldnt worry about the shennanigans that went on, I reckon some of it has been exaggerated. If worst comes to worst and Castlewellan no longer wants the show, then Im sure another car park can be found within the next 12 months and a bigger and better show will be put on :D

The to$$ers that caused this problem should be named and shamed!!, especially if the show cant be held in Castlewellan next year!!, and not only on this site as I'm sure others will take exception to them if the show has to be moved!! :wink: Someone said they were for E38 and I'm sure a heads up to the guys over there would be appreciated!

The to$$ers that caused this problem should be named and shamed!!, especially if the show cant be held in Castlewellan next year!!, and not only on this site as I'm sure others will take exception to them if the show has to be moved!! :wink: Someone said they were for E38 and I'm sure a heads up to the guys over there would be appreciated!
And where were you princess? :wink:

Hello I am the owner of the White Mk2 Golf in question and I would like to take this oppourtunity to say that me nor any of the group of people I was camping with had anything to do with he disgusting behaviour that occured within the washrooms and toilets in the early hours of saturday morning. I do not know who was responsible but there was reports of a Ford Focus with three occupants for the poleglass in Belfast, that had previously been banned from Catlewellan, making an apperance and driving about the campsite dangerously whilst drinking and more than likely had something to do with the defication of the washrooms. My registration along with others was taken down on saturday morning by a distraught mother the night before who had been up trying to get the group of campers next to us to bed. My car along with others cars in my party were stated as being part of this group as our tents were in very close proximity to each other. I was sleeping in my tent at this time when I heard my car being mentioned but I did not want to get out and be seen to be part of the disturbance. Me and the group I went down with on Friday night had no intentions of causing any sort of trouble, we just wanted to have a bit of banter and enjoy the camping experience. Me along with the party next to our groups of tents the night before that were involved in the disturbance were asked to leave the Show carpark. When I was asked to leave I did so, I did not make any sort of argument against it as I did not want to jerpordise the show by making a scene about the whole incident so I quietly moved my car out of the forest park and walked back on into the carpark to meet up with the rest of my group again. When I heard Simon mention what had happened to the washrooms the night before I strongly condemmed it and was in total disgust that someone/s could do such a thing to a public toliet that was to be used by the majority of the public on the campsite. I saw the looks on Nigels, Simons and the rest of the event organisers faces (Sorry I do not know all your names), how deeply upset they were about the situation I did not know what to say. I'm upset that my me and my car have been tagged as being one of the 'idiots' that ruined Castlewellan for everyone else, I really do not want to see the show go down the pan as the quailty of machinery and variation on show was on another level. I just hope that people can read my side of the story and clear my name. I've have been an active member of GTINI.com for over half a year now, I may not post alot but I log on every day to read and update myself on people cars and sometimes get involeved in some of the banter. Weeks before the show I was putting in time and efort to have my car ready. I'm sick with the thought that many people see me and my group as the offenders in this case, but I can tell you all again, with great confidence, that we were not involved in any of the vile behaviour demonstrated in the early hours of Saturday morning or involved in the argument with the campers. I do hope the Castlewellan show continues in the future as I would look forward to attending again. Thank you.

Yeah stevomk2 I was speaking to on of the guys that came up in his Seat Cordoda from monaghan (Greg I think) he may have been in your group but also blamed for the nights excapades, the he totally denied having any part of. Its strange that no one seemed to give a dam about the innocent individuals who go the blame for something they did not do. Did the Ford Focus and its followers get told to move on? I guess not.

Guys...at 10am we were told about this by the ranger...we were forced to engage in a pro active role to stop the ranger cancelling the show on the day...if we had not acted in the way we had then there would have been no show never mind next year. At that stage of the day we were doing damage limitation on information received by camping residents and the ranger. I can only apologise for what has happened if anyone was indeed innocent but as i said we were trying to save the show on the day in front of the ranger.