Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Lenny

The RSI Bug Is On It's Way Guys

At least he has another mode of transport while the bug is off the road! :lol:Lennybike.jpgLennybikejpg2.jpg Hope you dont mind Lenny but this machine had to be shown off. Cracking looking bike Lenny, get her up to the club meet if the bug is off the road :D

Ok guys, thanks for all the comments, didn't get toooooooo much done today as was working hard at the bread and butter stuff. Basically, just cut and fitted front grille sections, dosn't look like alot of work, but took nearly 2 hours to complete ( in the rain ), pics sent to Phil to post as usual. Regards Lenny

Hi all, again not much done today, just did the front inner wheel arches extensions, and offered up the rear bumper crossmember, same prob as the front one, will need another visit to Coates Engineering to have it chopped. No pics today Phil I'll give you a wee rest chum. Regards Lenny

Don't know chum, she who must be obeyed may have other plans for me tomorrow, but you never know ?????? at worst I could always use my works van and go on the run afterwards as long as no one takes offence, as it's a Fiat Doblo Ha Ha :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Regards Lenny

Just a quick update, rear bumper arrived back today, hope to get a look at the Bug again on Fri, to see if my measurements where correct or not, fingers crossed. Regards Lenny

Well guys, offered up rear bumper today, had it shortened by 1", still would not let the bumper take its correct position, I cut a cross section out as the number plate recess was catching on the metal bumper. Rear bumper now on and lookin half decent. Will start on the side- skirts tomorrow weather permitting. Regards Lenny

Well guys, couldn't wait any longer and took the Bug out for a short run on Sat. She's only 75% finished, but she has not seen the road now since this project started 3 + weeks ago and I needed I little bit of a buzz. Stopped at my local petrol station to throw some super unleaded in and when I came out to see 3 fellas all around the car, sayin how well she looked and what Bug was this, 100% pleased a big smile filled my face, but anyway back to the sensible stuff, the inlet air temp have fallen about 4 to 5 degrees on average, so hopefully this is due to the new front bumper letting more air through to the intercooler, bodes good for future mods I think !!!!! But like all of us money is getting tight, and these engine upgrades may have to wait a while. Regards Lenny

When is this weather ever going pick up ? Haven't done much since the weekend, just sent some more pics for Phil to post later of my new Weitec coilovers for you all to seeeeeeeeeeee :):D:lol::lol: Regards The Bug Man

lenny, VW camper van and bug show on Oxford Island this weekend, was talking to Rockvale Graphics and he had shown me flyer, Junction 10 M1 just off it there :wink: Good Job With Bug 8)

Another day over, and not toooo much done again. Phoned TPS at Mallusk on Thur ref rear number plate lights, gave Peter detailed measurements of the mounting area and hey presto picked a set up today, as close as possible to the originals, still needed work with the dremel to fit connections correctly. Have sent Phil pics, and if you look closely you can see what I had to trim. Drove car to Carrickfergus to meet Phil and gave him a sneak preview of the Bug 80% finished, weather was terrible as usual. Trying really hard to get this finished in time for next Sundays show, will prob not have the new wheels on or even some spacers for my present wheels, sooooo don't expect a completed car, but I need some constructive thoughts from all you experienced guys on the finishing touches. Regards Lenny

Seen this in the flesh today and it is outstanding even though it still has some work to do, real credit to you sir. :D Looking forward to seeing you and the bug at the show. :D Here's the pics of the number plate lights... lenny23.jpglenny24.jpg Hope your other purchase works out for you too Lenny :wink:

Hi all, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight now :) As i know Raven likes to see pics I have sent a few more to Phil to post for me, like to try and keep everyone happy :lol: The pics just show some of the cutting I had to preform to fit the rear bumper and number plate lights, plus my latest purchase a lovely full set of FK wheel spacers, 30mm for rear and 20mm for the front, hope this will give her the stance I am lookin. Will get these suckers fitted tomorrow, for the show on Sun. The Bug was away from home last night getting a lot of TLC from Ryan at Detailni, my local car care center, picked her up late this afternoon, my my such a difference. It's simply amazing what someone with the knowledge and proper equipment can do to a cars body. I know you all appreciate this when you finally get to see the car on Sun. Regards Lenny