Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Lenny

The RSI Bug Is On It's Way Guys

Well, finally got it started, started Mon aftrernoon, and pulled the front end apart. My God talk about well built, after taken front wings off, lost count of the number of nuts and bolts, I come across a metal bracket on each wing only being held in place by 20 rivets. you can imagine my ranting having to drill these all out and then re-riveting them back onto the new wings without damaging the bracket. Tue, offered up the wings, to see what if any reworking might need done, couldn't open either doors, bolloccccks, off again some gentle manipulation, ( rubber mallet ), after three attempts gave up for the day. Wed, tried again, this time using a dremel drill, great piece of kit, front wings now on, doors open and close just about. Today, offered up front bumper to wings and body, bollocccccccccks, bollocccccccccccks, spent all day trying to get this looking half right, needed to prefab up brackets to keep all the pieces together, after many bad words, happy days, so front end lookin half decent, now need to have the bumper crossmember shortened and refitted to have the front end nearly complete, and before you all ask about pics, yes I have plenty, but as before I can still not post the freccckin things. Regards Sore Fingers Lenny :? :? 8O 8O :lol::lol:

Lol Lenny.....this is an oh so familiar scenario!! You want to try fitting cheapa5s fibreglass frenzies some time!! Glad to see you're getting on with it and I hope not to see you at Andy's soon lol!

Well, Fri started off well, and then went pear shaped very quickly, stripped rear end ok, offered up panels for test fit, wings first, these things must have been warped from sitting about, holy f----------k, ran around the front garden like a child who just lost his Christmas present. After three cups of coffee and a box of tissues started back. Friend from next door came over and gave me a hand manipulating the wings in to shape again, dremel came in for some abuse today, as said before would be lost without this little beauty. Then looked at the side skirts, these I knew would be difficult, from reading all the other RSI conversion threads, YES they where all true. Just set these in place and just spent some time figuring how I was going to attach them ?????? So then turned my attention to the rear bumper, and just gave up for the day. One good point of the day is the neighbour that had helped me earlier in the day arrived later on on a brand new 2009 Honda Fireblade (Repsol) brill end to the day. Regards Lenny :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi all, sent 12 pics to Smicker earlier, but he is away enjoying himself on the German coast run, promised me he would post them later, so please don't let me down chum. Regards Lenny

Many thanks Gethin, I can alway rely on you, unlike that Brother in law of yours Ha Ha Phil, did you wee head get to much sun today or what ?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Regards Lenny

Sorry Lenny was wrecked after being shook to bits in the vr today and fell asleep putting the wee one to bed lol :lol: and my slaphead got burnt too! :lol: Hers your pics bug man, fair play to you for tackling such a massive task and hope it all comes together for you nicely, as I'm sure it will :D:D Keep the good work up and the pics coming! :DLenny01.jpglenny3.jpgLenny2.jpgLenny03.jpgLenny02.jpgLenny05.jpgLenny6.jpgLenny5.jpgLenny04-1.jpgLenny06.jpgLenny4.jpgLenny1.jpg Sorry I could'nt enlarge them any Lenny! :(:D

Yes Phil, I now need to make up strengthen brackets espically for the sideskirts, it's difficult as I'm really reluctant to start drilling anywhere on the main body of the car, have drawn a few shapes and will now take professional advice from my local engineering shop as to which would be best, and them have them made up either in stainless steel or alloy. Worked hard at it yesterday, and have most pieces sitting reasonably good. So as I said loads of brackets to be made for all panels, and I then need to look at the inner arches, and the finer details ( lights, indicators, fog and reversing ). Will send you a few more pics of the body panels, sitting on the car ( just about ) duct tape including Ha Ha Regards Lenny :D:D:lol::lol: