Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Leeroy

Coilovers help !

hey guys fitted coilovers to the leon sitting at a nice height problem is the driveshaft is hitting the anti roll bar on the front drivers side when turning left ive raised it up abit for the min until i can sort it out is there longer drop link bars or something you can buy to cure this problem ?before i crack up lol

Raise it up more is the only option. I have shorter drop-links in mine and it doesn't make much difference. To cure the problem you'll need a new up-rated ARB with larger hoops...

Venom, AMD, Awesome to name a few but the best place to go is sign up to UK-MKIVs.net and go through one or their traders and get it cheaper, you can do the same on SEATCUPRA.net, and Edition38.com

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DROP-LINKS-GOLF-MK4---AUDI-A3-8L---SEAT-LEON-1M_W0QQitemZ170273951878QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20081025?IMSfp=TL081025111002r5083 would these not do the just would lift the anti roll bars up and away from the driveshafts

The geometry of the arb doesn't work like that. Longer ones push the front of the arb closer to the shaft. You need shorter ones to pull the highest point of the arb back into line with the driveshaft. It depends how much lower you actually are and how hard the springs are.

what would these droplinks be used for then ? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DROP-LINKS-GOLF-MK4---AUDI-A3-8L---SEAT-LEON-1M_W0QQitemZ170273951878QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20081025?IMSfp=TL081025111002r5083

I don't think the ones in the pic are exactly what they send you because they look a little too long and the bolts are too small. At that sort of price they might be worth a try though.

because the ARB is going over the top of the drive shaft its now quite close cause its lowered but if these are longer than my standard ones they would lift the ARB up and away not to sure wat to do yet car is still down about 60-70 mill atm at the front and havent heard any rubbing/donking but want it back down 100mill like it was ill work something out lol

But that's not the way it works. Because the arb pivots on the furthest back point when you use longer drop links it pulls the arb closer to the shaft at the front. Then when your springs compress it'll pull the joint of the arb and droplink back onto the drive shaft. If you want the cheap handy option take the arb out completely.

yes the aftermarket ARBs like neuspeed etc have much larger loops and usually come with shorter droplinks too so they're kept in line. You should be able to drop it right down to the bottom of any coilovers.