Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cormac81

Another Mk1 vRS Octavia

4 posts in this topic

I had no intention of buying another car as I was very happy with the black vRS but this local example came up in Rally Red with a genuine 47k and I couldn’t refuse. My third vRS Mk1 in 9 months!

It was bought new in Howard Abrahams in Lurgan 15 years ago. I bought it of the second owner, an older gentleman who had 4 years who basically did not drive it.

I gave it a light detail today, replaced the centre boot badge and wheel centre caps.

I have it booked into have the rear spoiler ( common fading issue) and the front bumper redone due to a few kerb scrapes. Its also booked to go in for a full service including the oil pick up pipe.

Future plans are a wheel refurb and tidy things as I go.

20170620_132905.jpg

20170620_132943.jpg

20170620_133011.jpg

20170620_133245.jpg

Kiefer_gti and JHTornado16v like this

Can't beat a red Octy! Mint dude, looks almost as nice as mine :P

BTW the spoiler may respond to being cut and polished (mine did) although the rest of the paintwork won't.

cormac81 likes this

7 hours ago, Jim1500 said:

Can't beat a red Octy! Mint dude, looks almost as nice as mine :P

BTW the spoiler may respond to being cut and polished (mine did) although the rest of the paintwork won't.

Who knows we might have a briskoda meet this year, be good to get them side by side for a photo.

Did give it a pass with the DA and it came up well, might tell the painter to leave it for now. Kinda worried it will stand out being painted compared to the rest of the paint.