Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
ger16v

"old" petrol and diesel cars

I have been picking up several items in the past following days in relation to so called old polluting cars and vans

Should we who keep and run old cars be worried for the future especially those of us who have to keep to a strict budget and don't have deep pockets 

listening over the past several days there seems to be the possibility of big tax charges on the way and then some so called compensation to force the scrappage of older vehicles 

I briefly seen a news bulletin yesterday and an owner of a mk5 golf tdi was seen as an old and polluting diesel !

we know that car manufactures are now coming away from diesel because to take Diesel engines to the next stage will make them to expensive to be viable.

the future is going to be interesting

Hopefully just a lot of scare mongering, I'd heard them refer to anything pre 07 / 08 as old. I've never owned a car younger than 10yr old. I remember rumours when new mot started 15years ago or so that it was to get classics of the road, in truth it probably got knackered old cars of the road which is a good thing. Hopefully same with this and tidier old stuff won't be affected if goes by individual car emissions, nothing worse than driving up road behind some reaky ole thing!