Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Mickyray

Mark 4 V5

5 posts in this topic

I'm a newbie to this forum and was wondering if there are any other Irish V5 owners out there - wanted to see what upgrades or changes that you have done to your cars and see if it's something that might be of interest to me - also looking at going to the GTINI in April at the Maze and was wondering if there was a run heading up from the Northwest / West of Ireland - I am based in Fermanagh..

Hi, is she the 150 hp or 170 hp model? I had the 150 hp model in a Toledo V5 and had it remapped with a panel filter; gave me an extra 9 hp and 168 lbs ft torque. Not a huge hp gain due to no turbo but was usefully more torquey in the mid-range.

Hi the car is the 170 and I'm now looking at stage 2 remap with miltech exhaust. I've only had the car a month - picked her up in England with 97k on the clock and two owners from new - had good service history and is also the three door which there are not too many around at present. I have had a full check down on it and anything that was dodgy has been replaced with a new like for like part - all oils and filters etc also done and the engine had a wash out as well. The car is really in good condition inside and out apart from the wheels which I'm getting refurbished back to their original look.

loeb and Oldskoolfool like this

Sounds good - they are an interesting alternative; mine always got a lot of attention from the MOT guys as most were diesels!

With it being a petrol there is a nice power output and the noise that's put out when running is just music to the ears - don't need any other sounds when you have that😑 Even the wife goes into silent mode😜

Desperado likes this