Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

mudyf0x

Any one local turn off an airbag light for me?

Hi guys need some help or advise,  I've a 6n2 Polo that I had to remove the steering wheel to fix a horn problem,  the column was not earthed thus not completing the circuit ,  anyway I got that sorted ,  but I had to put the ignition on when testing it with the airbag disconnected . . .  it's all rebuilt again but airbag light is still on ,  I've tried a few local garages and they are all hell  bent on running a full diagnostic and saying "that will be the squib I know that even before I put the machine on"  and what to charge me a small fortune ,  so peeps if anyone is local in belfast and wouldn't mind doing an airbag reset for beer money I'd be much appreciated , 

Cheers 

Gavin 

Fault code readers / reset are pretty cheap if you look on the likes of ebay - that way you can reset it or find the fault code yourself? Think mine was £15, nothing special but does the job?