Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fatman

My NewHolland... Blue MK3 Golf Concept

12 posts in this topic

So... after an extend hiatus... I'm back in a MK3 again. I thought I had kicked the habit, I had even loaded up whatever parts I had kicking around for a MK3 and gave them to @loeb. All was well. I thought I was out of the game... Wrong! Me and rest of the shedsixty2 guys went to Edition38 in Northampton at the start of September and for three days, I got peer pressured into "going for a look... sure you don't have to buy it!". Now, me being me... this statement usually means "bring cash... you're bringing it home". And well... thats what happened! 

Now, I'm no stranger to a MK3... I have had a few Ventos and my old TDi MK3: 

29761367974_0738cb42bf.jpgIMG_0582 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

30391699705_3563b385c7.jpgIMG_0583 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

29761361314_01e79edcdd.jpgIMG_0585 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

Oh how I loved that car! :(

Anyways... Here is the whip! 

29761360044_f212de3432.jpgIMG_3945 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

It had Airlift suspension, KW turbos and some others bits and bobs on it when I went to look at it... But I wasn't a fan of the KW Turbos and Air Suspension wasn't really for me... didn't line up for what I want to do with the car really... And I couldn't afford the car with it in. The owner was happy to sell the car on standard suspension though so I was happy enough. The KW Turbos where bought by Matt8v on here so it was a good deal for me and Matt. 

Heres how I got it: 

29759873513_c209101eba.jpgIMG_4002 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

You can see the extensive arch gap in this picture... you can also see where the 'New Holland' is coming from... tractor stance! 

So... Before I got the car home, I bought a nice set of Compomotive MO5s for it. Nice set but need a refurb and some centre caps... Not too bad tho for £300 with Toyo Proxes all around. 

30275122232_c673a31ce8.jpgIMG_3989 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

I also bought a set of Koni coilovers out of Matt8vs MK2 seeing as he's upgrading to a full Airlift setup. 

30275042932_91ffdb0822.jpgIMG_4025 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

Now they need a little TLC... One of the rear adjuster sleeves is cracked, the adjusters themselves are seized on the rear sleeves (both sides) and the front weren't much better... Had to man handle the off with a pipe wrench. But you can buy parts for Koni coilovers from Larkspeed so will be putting together an order at the end of the month with I get paid. 

29759760603_8866c571b4.jpgIMG_4026 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

30355414916_1d27bf1e4d.jpgIMG_4033 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

I also test fitted the wheels on the car too... 

30094562560_5813c84f10.jpgIMG_4042 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

Looks good I think...

I did notice something a little off on the rear drivers side wheel bearing tho... Anyone see anything wrong here? :lol:

30274994102_a64a86dbb1.jpgIMG_4037 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

So... Thats really as far as I have got with the car... work and the lack of funding has halted play on the MK3. I do have some pressing issues to take care of tho:

• New lock set needed - Drivers door lock is just spinning in the handle. So the lock barrel is knackered and needs replaced. £30 for a full set from Heritage so they are on there way. 
  • No Headliner - The old one was ripped and sagging so I removed it. If anyone has a decent headliner for a sunroof model, let me know. I will even remove it. 
  • Front bumper mounts - Side mounts are broken. Bolts that go into the metal crash bar are all seized and snapped off the in the bar so will need to drill these out. Thats why the bumper is off in the pic above. 
  • Rear wheel bearings need changed
  • It needs a rear drivers arch 
  • Central locking not working 

The overall plan for the car is a VR6 engine, bigger brakes, refurbed Comps and a damn good tidy up really. Don't want to go too mad but lets get real here... :lol: 

Oh... and my mate Brian got his "frickin laser" out and made me some side badges! Look swish I think! 

30305543341_c488b60731.jpgIMG_4007 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

30355491806_3e351d9bdc.jpgIMG_4005 by Stefan Clarke, on Flickr

More to come! 

8VMatt, Desperado and Oldgolffan like this

97dd62c4ed3cdfa815e4a5026615f5d2.jpg

I might be able to sort set for you, I made my own 1st aid kit. Would need badge dimensions and corner radius with details of text/image needing printed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk