Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

DaddyC

Heated seat wiring

3 posts in this topic

Morning all.

I have a mk4 with heated seats as standard but when I bought it the driver side seat wouldn't heat up, so I swapped in a set of heated recaros and same thing occured. I swapped the dash switches around to check one of them wasn't duffed but still the same with the passenger side working only.

The seats run off 1 fuse from what I can tell, I pulled out the head unit and checked there were no wires trapped anywhere that may have been nipped but nothing obvious.

So it must be down to the wiring somewhere or what else am I not thinking of that it could be?

I'm going to wire the drivers seat(s) into the passenger side when I get a chance just to make sure both seats aren't the issue either lol.

Wiring diagram for mk4 heated seats from Rub Jonny's selection on google, hopefully it'll help you trace back to the problem.

Rub Jonny's mk4 Heated seats wiring diagram

As you say I'd check that it's not just a coincidence both seats have broken elements in them! Multimeter the plug below the seat, handier than wiring in or swopping seats about. After that I'd multimeter check the plugs at the dash switches.

DaddyC likes this

That diagram is a bit of a melt at this time of morning lol. But thanks very much as it'll give me something else to go on. Just need to get my hand on a multimeter :ph34r: