Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

wully9298

ABF converted MK3 running problems

Got exhaust on Wednesday and car was running rich but it seems like it settled down. Idling fine at this point. When home, took car on a road test and got it up to temp. Suddenly started with the odd misfire when pulling under load like on a hill etc. and then finally cut out. Thought maybe it was outta petrol but no and it started OK after maybe 5-10 mins when's it had cooled a bit. Since changed plugs, Ecu relay and fuel pump relay but no difference. Car is now idling badly and revving from about 1000 to 1500 when standing, also seems to rev up when I clutch the car. Very annoying problem and I've searched high and low on google but no definitive answers. To make matters worse I have mot on Wednesday so I need it sorted Asap.

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't know but i would imagine the exhaust was welded up off the car and the car not touched. Why do you ask?

Car was plugged in last night and there was an intake temp sensor code, a knock sensor code and a engine speed sensor code. Got rid of the air and knock sensor code by replacing sensor and tightening up knock sensors. Cleared codes and went for a drive. Seemed to take longer, but sure enough car started misfiring and cutting out. Nursed it home and plugged it in and no codes show up but live test still reads odd revs, like 75 or 130 rpm when its ticking over, which would point to the brand new engine speed sensor being goosed as well. Changed ignition coil for the one out of the breaker i have and the spark was sharper and more blue, but still engine cutting out when hot. Seen a possible spark leakage so im looking for a distributor cap today and nowhere does them so i might have to trailer the car down to MOT, because it runs fine when its heating up. Changed the ecu and fuel relay but no difference.