Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Lenny

Dubshed 2016 Feedback

As has already been said in earlier posts, absolutely top notch organising folks. Went both days, loved it. The addition of the drag & autotest was very welcomed. As for that wristband, nearly ripped my nipple off in the shower on Sunday morning!

That's exactly how I found some of the prizewinners! #dubshed

The show this year was a definite improvement, the location was fantastic. I didn't have to sit in any massive queues of traffic which was also a bonus.

Weather let it down a bit but that's uncontrollable. I've only 2 things I couldn't get to grips with and someone may be able to answer one of them,

1 Was there a timetable or scheduled running for the outdoor events? I didn't really venture out too often due to the weather but any time I did all I saw was the autotesting which by all means is very entertaining and full of talent.

2. This may be just me, but the main hall could really have done with more lighting especially up the middle rows, I only really noticed it after walking round all the other areas and coming back into the main hall. 

On 04/04/2016 at 9:55 PM, pobmk4 said:

That's exactly how I found some of the prizewinners! #dubshed

The show this year was a definite improvement, the location was fantastic. I didn't have to sit in any massive queues of traffic which was also a bonus.

Weather let it down a bit but that's uncontrollable. I've only 2 things I couldn't get to grips with and someone may be able to answer one of them,

1 Was there a timetable or scheduled running for the outdoor events? I didn't really venture out too often due to the weather but any time I did all I saw was the autotesting which by all means is very entertaining and full of talent.

2. This may be just me, but the main hall could really have done with more lighting especially up the middle rows, I only really noticed it after walking round all the other areas and coming back into the main hall. 

You love sitting in traffic! I'm glad to hear there wasn't too much queuing, there were other queuing issues, mainly around the car wash on the Saturday, we tried to limit use of car wash times last year and people complained. It's something we still have to assess in our de-brief.

Outdoor activites were mainly run by the auto testers, without a schedule. We had Buttsy Butler performing a few times, but his times were constrained by the autotesters schedule, mainly due to them having a round of their championship on the day, which needed completed. Again its something we need to look at in our post show de-brief.

I wasn't aware of the lighting issues, the other halls had translucent roofs, so had a lot more light than the main hall, which perhaps made it appear darker, I know it shows in the photos I've seen, but all available lighting was on, unless someone can tell me otherwise! :lol:

Thanks for all the comments folks. A large team put Dubshed together over the past few months, we hope you enjoyed it as we tried as always to push the show each year to bigger and better things. Please comment on how you want to see dubshed shape next year and where we could improve the show

Cheers

NIgel

This is my first post here, but I just had to say thank you to the Dubshed crew for putting on an outstanding show.  The venue and quality of cars was excellent, along with the chilled out atmosphere.  Brought the family to it on Sunday and they really enjoyed it...my 3 year old is still going around the place with her Dubshed wristband on!!  So thanks again....roll on 2017!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone both here and on social media. The weather did try it's best this year to hamper what is our biggest show of the year, (I thought the roof was going to lift off that 2nd hall on the Friday :D) but thanks to the dedication of the entire GTINI team and of course everyone who attended it all added to a great atmosphere with everything coming together in the end. We'll have to have a word with the GTINI weather team for next year, order up a bit more sunshine.;)

As always we are aware that we can improve so I'll change the title of this thread and if there are any constructive views on how we can make next year even better please let us know...:)

Thank you

John

I'm a noob here but want to say great show guys. Hats off to all the organisers. New venue was great and well suited. No queues getting out was a god send !

Few things I would ask that you look into..

1) Earlier awards. Lads asking for the gates to be opened while lifting their prize spoke volumes.

2) Ask all entries to supply their mobile numbers on entries.Get a pay as you go sim and text all prize winners and let them know they have a prize to collect in advance so they're ready to collect. This will speed up the awards.

3) Maps and Schedules at all entrances to the site and at all doors to the sheds. Several people weren't aware that there was off-roaders going on in another part of the site. I certainly didn't.

4) I agree whole heartedly with no movement of cars on site given the safety implications however I believe a small section beside the entrance could be cordoned off for early leavers. First come first serve and no returns.

5) The back entrance by the car wash will need a wee sign saying Unpaved Exit seen a few lowered lads struggling over the unleveled gravel. 

6) On the back of the awards, write the prize winner, car and mobile number on masking tape. Then there will be no confusion over who won what and if they don't collect it their number is on it for a quick phone call.

Please don't that this as criticism but as suggestion to add to a class show and one of the highlights to the year.

Many thanks the red fella....