Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Middleman

Phaeton Replacement - VW Phideon thoughts...

c-phideon---geneva-2016.jpg

To be released in the Chinese market this year, the 5 metre luxury saloon model is to come above the Passat in the range. To debut this month at the Geneva motorshow and will be fitted with the TSI engines with the top of the range to be the 3.0 L TSI 4Motion powered by a 3.0 litre V6 turbocharged direct injection petrol engine that produces 220 kW/300 PS. This efficient TSI develops maximum torque of 440 Nm. A plug in hybrid model is to be released in the future.

Like breeding between a Passat and an Audi A8 from that photo. Not yet known if i will be coming to the UK market but if it does I would say it will be in small numbers

Full report can be found here VW News World Premiere of the Phideon

Edited by Middleman

Hi John!

Yea I love the look of this, right up my street, but the phaeton is still one of the fastest depreciating cars currently on the market. I'd maybe have one once it's about 5 years old.  

​You have enough to keep you busy at the moment with the A8. Thanks for putting up the build thread in the showroom. Hasn't worked out just as simple as planned by the look of it  #challenging