Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

domo-gti

1986 Vw Polo Coupe S.. (Project)

66 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, wilseymk2 said:

Some transformation lad! Looks class and nice seeing something different about!

Cheers dude.. its no show car but it puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it lol

On Saturday, June 04, 2016 at 10:09 PM, Jim1500 said:

Random question but did you get new wheel nut covers from VW or where?

Jim i got the hubcaps from TPS.

But i went for the hubcaps off a caddy van as they come with the nut covers as part of the cap instead of being seperate.

I just think it makes it a little bit neater.

I can get you the part number if needed.

Or i can even get them ordered for you and you could pick them up from TPS.

Cheers dude, I've the centres here still. I had a full set of nut covers too, but put them on scirocco and forgot to swap them for another set of covers  before I sold it.

Heritage list for  95phttps://www.vwheritage.com/shop/polo/321601173A/black-plastic-cap-for-wheel-bolt-mk1-2-golf/?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1 but maybe try dealer or TPS if any cheaper when need them.

domo-gti likes this

On Tuesday, June 07, 2016 at 11:58 AM, loeb said:

I'll have to get seeing this in person some day Dominic. Love it

Im sure il see you at a show over the summer!

Need to get a wee nosey at your VR anyway!!

loeb likes this

Love Coupe S's - my brother had an FXI reg, Mars Red one from 1984. It was a rotbox but great fun to drive.

As others have said, the font of the numberplates makes a big difference. I can't stand retro cars with modern plates - looks awful! I use a show plates mail order company for mine, although because my car is pre-2001 they are road legal.

domo-gti likes this

Finally got a period number for it and got it made up in the right font!

The DVLA messed me about so much with trying to get my original plate back on that i just went and bought a plate.

Will hopefully get the car cleaned today after work and il upload some photos up!

Also got a set of "1986" show plates made up the way VW displayed some cars back in the day!

Reverend-Frog, loeb and Jim1500 like this

What's the number prefix? (don't give us the whole number if you don't want!)

My '82 Scirocco (now RIP) was English but someone at some point put a TOI plate on it, which bugged me, as that's from three years too early. AXI or BXI would have been more like it.

The original plate was SAN 999Y which would have been great, but the original owner kept that. 

domo-gti likes this

The plate is not exactly to the month for my car but the price i got the plate for i had to take it!

The number is LJI 9876. Have to say it suits the car so well and im over the moon with it!

Just need to make it to another few shows/meets as i missed castlewellan because we were in Kinsale at a wedding.

So all my spending is done for this year,just fueling it and try use it as much as possible!

That's a decent number - memorable but not too showy. Sure, say nothing and no-one will know.

Off-topic - Kinsale, lovely spot. Took my Corrado down there last month for a blast. It started misfiring on the way back up again, but that's another story...

With the weather being so good i got the Polo out of the garage to give it a quick clean then took it for a nice drive.

Took the dog with me and went for a walk so got afew photos as its first time ive had it out since getting my plate on!

20160719_210655.jpg

20160719_210509.jpg

20160719_210557.jpg

20160719_203648.jpg

Have to say the wee car is some craic lol..

JHTornado16v likes this

The cleaning/polishing has started to get the Coupe ready for Titanic Dubs. Looking forward to it as itll only be the 3rd show ive had the Polo at this year.

It will be going into hibernation at end of next week once i get my car cover sorted!