Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
leon10tagg

Passat pd130

A few wee jobs including the fitting of a few spares i have lying about:

Fit CR1756 hybrid

Uprated side mounted intercooler

EGR delete pipe

Port and polish the intake manifold

THS decat downpipe

FK coilovers

Allroad/S6 combo strut brace

The target is a clean fast road car with about 200hp:)

Not much to report at present other than i've fitted a set of front fog lights and the powerflex rear bump stops have arrived. Also new front bump stops and bump stops have arrived. So the coilovers will be fitted next week.

Edited by leon10tagg

Fitted the front FK coilovers to the passat this afternoon but it wasn't straight forward as both top arm pinch bolts where totally seized. So I had to use the burner to heat the bolt, cut the ends off with the grinder and hammer them out with a punch. After all that as i had no new pinch bolts i had to thread spare bolts to suit and cut them down to use until i get a new set from TPS. Anyway the car is now back on the road but just need to raise the front about 15mm to make it look right.

20150829_182306a_zps4jpe8uej.jpg

20150829_175659a_zpsgscvvllb.jpg

Edited by leon10tagg

I fitted the ported inlet manifold and Allard EGR delete pipe today, changed a faulty fuel temperature sensor and carried out an oil change. Overall the car is very tidy but the engine bay needs a good clean. Next jobs are to fit the CR1756 hybrid and uprated smic.

Fitted a new passengers side window regulator to the car last night, as it was an oem one it fitted a treat. Also removed and refitted the drivers side door trim as it had previously been removed and refitted incorrectly resulting in the door being difficult to open.

My new PD cam....its a 9.5mm lift version compared to the old one of 9.31mm lift. This one will be fitted to the black Passat so that its 9.31mm cam can be sent back for repair, as there appears to be a small piece of chilled iron missing from the injector lobe. Then the returned 9.31mm lift version will be fitted to the silver Passat along with the uprated smic and hybrid turbo. I'm also looking to purchase a set of +80 DSSR nozzles from United Diesel to finish the engine off on the black passat.

20151013_194532a_zpsvwrly8zd.jpg

Edited by leon10tagg

The PD cam hasn't happened yet as it snapped when I was fitting it to my black Passat which is lying in the garage at the moment.

Anyway my silver Passat is hopefully getting the wings replaced under the corrosion warranty.  Also I have a set of passengers side window frame trims on order as there are a few spots of rust on the existing ones. On top of that the car is due MOT and needs new bottom arms.

Just called in at Agnews body shop in Belfast and spoke to the warranty rep. My passat is less than 12 years old so it is covered under the warranty. The fellow took pictures of the wings and checked the paint was original with the paint thickness meter. The report was sent to VW and they have honoured the warranty claim

The bottom arms when fitted with uprated bushings aren't an issue. However I've broke a number of top arms when fitted with uprated bushings.....possible because they where cheap after market arms. I think its down to the camber being out of spec putting pressure on the arms. Alternatively adjustable top arms can be fitted but they are £300+.