Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Oldskoolfool

Sperrins Scenic Driving Route

Did the final recce for the return route tonight, some great roads.

A little taster for you;

DSC_00291.jpg

DSC_00811.jpg

DSC_00831.jpg

And no... the Golf's not on fire, just thought I would get an atmospheric shot just after the sun disappeared over the hill.

As much as I love RH classics your Mk2 much nicer on the bottletops dude  B)

Yeah, wheels always divide opinion. They were on the car when I bought it back and initially I did not like them but they have started to grow on me.

Certainly drives better on the bottletops although there is not as much ultimate grip.

Roughly where do you reckon the rn will be at about 2-3pm?

Not sure if I can make it until then now  :(

We will be in the museum at that stage, it is located on the Gortnagarn Road just after the second bridge if you are heading from the Gortin side. I will pm you my mobile so you can give me a buzz Jim. Loads of great roads after this anyway.

cheers, will be coming from Belfast, what be my best route you reckon?

If you are coming from Belfast I would go straight down the M1 and keep going on the A4 dual carriageway until you reach the Ballygawley roundabout. Head onto the A5 towards Omagh and head through the town towards the Ulster American Folk Park on the A5; just before you get to the Folk Park the Gortnagarn Road is on the right (take this road). The museum is a few hundred yards down this road on the left (it just looks like a big house with a large raised balcony area at the back). You will probably see the VW's parked up the side.

Reminder - all systems go for Saturday people. Meeting in Moneymore town centre hopefully leaving at 11am or shortly after.

11am - 1 pm Westward route stopping at Millstone Restaurant

1pm - 2pm Grub!

2pm - 4 pm Abingdon Collection

4pm - 6 pm Eastward route finishing in Cookstown (can get a chippy or cup of tea in my house)

Glad you enjoyed it guys - company and craic was good; will never be able to watch that episode of "Vater Ted" again without additional laughs!

Sorry you could not make it Jim but maybe we will get a run somewhere else this year.