Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

KevM

Mk2 GTI 8v 3 door

36 posts in this topic

When I was 12, my dad had one of these.  I have literally wanted one ever since!!

This is it as it arrived at the house last week.  The car is solid and very presentable, but I think it has been laid up for quite a while, so I have been busy getting it running well and sorting the gear-linkages to leave it ready for the MOT & drivable!  I also want to return a few things to standard, such as the Momo steering wheel, lack of steering cowling and the parcel shelf 6x9-ness!!

I will try to add better pictures soon, as these were at dusk and quite grainy.

Cant wait!!  :)

16925583962_947666aae2_z.jpgGolf GTi by kevinmadine, on Flickr

Carbs4ever likes this

I've managed to get a wingy 'will it won't it' MOT first thing in the morning...

If I'm lucky, I might even be fit to make Dubshed at the weekend!! :)

Looks a good base Kev, hopefully it gets a mot... G60 front arches by the look of it as well?

If you get stuck for a parcel shelf give me a shout,should have one here.

KevM likes this

Looks a good base Kev, hopefully it gets a mot... G60 front arches by the look of it as well?

If you get stuck for a parcel shelf give me a shout,should have one here.

Thanks Ally, Iv quite a few wee odds n ends I could do with!

Failed MOT this morning, but it was a rush job in fairness.  CO emission was high, I need an ARB bush, brake lines need a clean and one of the front flexi's is cable-tied, where a clip is broken.  All in all, its fairly minor, so Im reasonably happy.

Didn't get to set the emissions due to the Easter hols, but booked a re-test for this evening & flew through.

Failed emissions last time due to a dead temp sensor & scored a 4.86 CO reading, with anything below 3.5 being acceptable for a pass on a 1990 car.

I fitted the new sensor, reset the ECU & tuned to idle by guessing & CO reading tonight was 0.17 - Result!! :)

Really enjoyed to drive to Downpatrick & back too

Just waiting on my 4 jack covers to arrive & need to find a spline adapter to fit my original steering wheel & steering cowl!

Was it yourself in the test centre Wayne?

lol no mate, I met you in Armagh as you left the test centre the first time round. I was in the silver Mk5 Golf.

KevM likes this