Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oldskoolfool

New mk1 addition

65 posts in this topic

Wee car looks well,when i had my mk1's  i actually stripped my seats and through everything in the washing machine great results,bit of work but.

Forgot to give the specs of "Lightning McQueen" in the background; 12v, twin motors, will go up steep hills and even goes with me on it!! Girls love it and when you lift off the "gas" it locks the back wheels so they can handbrake into the driveway coming downhill along the footpath. This is by Power Wheels (Fisher Price) and is the one to go for if you have kids and want it to last.

We have had this one for 4 years (still on the original battery) and had a rubbish cheap 6 volt one before this that lasted one day and had to be sent back.

Got to fit the new door hinges and pins to get the drivers door to fit a bit better. A word of warning to anyone buying the Meyle hinges with the brass insert; the original bolts are a different size from the Meyle ones so you will have to get new bolts.

The pins fit fine; the door had dropped on its hinges and now seals and looks much better.

New ball polished Ronal R50's fitted today. I know people think that 16 inch is too big for a mk1 but I am a happy man!

DSC_01411.jpg

DSC_01421.jpg

DSC_01431.jpg

DSC_01441.jpg

Many thanks to Mark and the guys at Canavans for friendly, efficient and knowledgeable service; even though the electric did go off all over Lurgan!

Coltwee likes this

Those Ronals look really well on like that a lot 

​Thanks for that; everyone has their own opinion of wheels and ya just gotta go with what you like!

They look great on it Mark, I didn't even see it at Kilbroney, I was in a bit of a rush around it after I'd sat in the queue for more than an hour.

They look great on it Mark, I didn't even see it at Kilbroney, I was in a bit of a rush around it after I'd sat in the queue for more than an hour.

​Was up at the top Dessie beside a lovely Morris Minor pickup. Met a nice young family in a white mk2 Jetta and a couple of Beetle guys.