Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
56oval

Air Cooled Drag Day II 2014

Hi folks, my sincere apologies for not replying to some emails, i hope everyone who needed a response has got one, if you haven't then let me know.

We don't have an "automated" response to your bookings, this maybe something to look into next year, i have to wade through them and respond where needed, if you have a query and would rather me contact you via a phone call then please feel free to leave your number via a message and i will call to answer any of your questions.

As stated previously, on the gate day entry is £10 per person.

Thanks.

Ben.

Replied Glenn.

Anyone who has pre booked, your name(s) will be on a list at the gate, when you arrive inform one of the staff that you are "pre booked show and shine" and that you are on the list, they will have all your details.

Any problems, please feel free to contact me either here or through the email address.

Thanks.

Ben

I will be out signposting it on Saturday, as you get out of Downpatrick head for the hospital and i will do my best to signpost it from there, although the local nimbys do love taking a few of them down LOL.

sat nav co-ordinates for the race track entrance 54.311535,-5.557786

Postcode for bishopscourt.  BT30 7PR

Guys can we have a final number on all your entries no later than 6pm tomorrow, we will be closing the pre book after this time, any entries after this point will have to pay on the day at the full rate of £10, also remember that if you have pre booked any passengers any extra people not already booked in will pay £10 entry per person.

I look foreword to seeing you all on the day.

Cheers

Ben.

I'm glad you folks had a great time, my sincere apologies for the delay with regards to the finals, Andrew Robb, we can only apologise for human error on our part, i feel we gave you a disservice and please if anyone knows him, could you ask him to contact me either on here or Facebook. 

Andrew was meant to be in the final against dave wheatley, i'll be completely honest i thought he'd "Red Lit" in the previous round knocking himself out of the final, in fact i was adamant that he had red lit, it seems this was not the case and to that i can only personally apologise for ruining your day, and also causing such a long halt to proceedings.

We also had another finals issue with the vans, where mark mcdaid red lit even though his bus never moved, which meant we had to run the race again, bringing pat best back to the start to line up in a van which was far quicker only to lose on the re run due to a spark lead coming adrift. Just to make it clear, we are sportsmen hence re running the final for pat and mark and again for Andrew Robb v's Dave Wheatley. 

I hope this clears things up and i also hope no one thinks i was trying to get 2 air-cooled cars in the finals, anyone who knows me would know this simply would not be the case, just human error on my part, and for that i cannot apologise enough, Andrew if you are reading this get in touch and i will send some goodies out to you.

Regards and thank you to gtini for all your support.

Ben.

Ben, sorry for calling you Johnny all day!  You are only human and one man. Yes mistakes were made but I had a belter day. At one point I even asked if i was racing and was told no, only to be called up to race when I went back to the wife and kids. Yes mistakes were made but its not life or death.  Its not formula one, its better!  Thank god I can run fast. Thanks for all the thumbs up and general support of fellow GTI Ni members as well as everybody else there. The camaraderie of everyone involved was awesome. Even in my first race I was totally outclassed but I got a big thumbs up at the end of the track from the other driver and likewise from every other racer. Ben thanks for your efforts, comments and enthusiasm all day. Thats what makes a good day even better. My two kids loved it, especially seeing camper vans racing.  Chris in the Green van, thanks for letting me dump my tool boxes, spare wheel, petrol, oil and child seats in the back of your van all day. Can't wait till next year. This was my first time doing the quarter mile and I felt very welcome. I'll do some prep next year and try and get my time down. Whoever you were in the Red MK 2, awesome race!! Pics.

IMG_9230.jpg

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9244.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

IMG_9284.jpg

IMG_9271.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

IMG_9314.jpg

IMG_9315.jpg

IMG_9317.jpg

Ben, your enthusiasm and love of the sport shows! Thanks for making it a great day. Awesome. Roll on next year. 

IMG_9402.jpg

IMG_9226.jpg

IMG_9293.jpg

IMG_9262.jpg

IMG_9430.jpg

I must say a big thank you and "Welcome" to everyone who attended from GTINI and our other water coolers who either hit the strip, the show n shine or just as spectators.

Its fair to say for me that was a tough day, dosed with a chest infection and trying to run an 8 car ladder field with 4 classes for virgin racers was always going to be tricky, and it was.

We got there in the end and all i can say is i have HUGE respect for all you guys for putting your cars and reputations on the line, many people outside of our air-cooled scene have been invited these past two years and not many have taken us up on the offer to race against us, so full credit to you all who laid it on the line, Andrew Robb walked away with the honour of being the quickest water cooler of the day with a stonking 13.3, no mean feat in a fwd car on road tyres. And Gethin, what a star, the man with unquestionably the most talked about car of the year having his first go at the strip, i think you made a great fist of it and just looking at the mph over the traps its is only just starting to get into its stride.

Fair play to everyone involved thank you and roll on 2015.

You guys need to get your own event going, we can provide a few cars to make the numbers up ;-)