Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnC

Machine polishing

5 posts in this topic

Just curious to know who machine polishes and if so what do you use??

Was on clean your car . com and they have quite a few, but I am only a beginner in machine polishing so would be good to get some advice on different machines. 

Thanks

Its a mine-field of information out there, so many different brands of machine, pads, polishes etc etc.  I was in much the same position as yourself, and after many many nights of trawling the forums (particularly detailingworld.co.uk), I decided to go for a Kestrel Dual Action polisher as they were highly rated.  I was not confident enough to go for a rotary, however I don't think any of my cars were that bad to justify it.  I also bought Flexipads backing pads to use different sizes of polishing pad depending on the panel being worked.  I have both 5.5" and 4" spot pads.

I use Chemical Guys Hexlogic pads, as well as Lake Country CCS pads, all of which are nice to use.  As for products, I haven't tried that many as they last for ages but I use Poorboys Super Swirl Remover, Poorboys Black Hole (awesome stuff), Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 and Collinite 915 wax to top it off.

To be honest, once its don't properly with the machine, if you take care each time when washing (2 bucket method, proper wash mitt, fresh drying towel etc), then you won't need to machine polish very often (I've done my black Mk5 GTi twice in a year and it still looks fresh).

Thanks for the info. As you said, there are soo many and it nearly puts me off in case I get the wrong one but it's always good to get a local referral. I shall look into those items you stated.

By "In case I get the wrong one" what are you meaning John? The Meguriers, Dodo and kestrel DA are all the same just different colours. No others DA polishers look to any good from feedback we have had. As the polishes and pads go the more you have the better as what works on one car likely won't work on another that's why you will see pro detailer with boxes of the stuff. Best thing to do is buy a kit with pads and polishes in it to give you a start.

We can do one with the Dodo Juice Buff Daddy, 3 of the pro hex Flexipad pads and 2 polishes from the Poorboys SSR rand for £130 saving £11 if you where buying them on there own.