Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Seanie_VW

MK3 Meet Sunday 15th

For anybody on here that owns a MK3... I know there's quite a few nice examples..

As the MK3 is considered the ugly duckling of the VW family a few members on another fourm, AutoStadt.ie have arranged a little MK3 meet to prove that there can be nice MK3's..

Date: Sunday 15th, June

Time: 1 onwards

Link:http://www.autostadt.ie/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10513

The idea is just to have a little get together, chat and a few pictures. Would be nice to get a decent turn out. If any body is free on Sunday and fancy a bit of a road trip. There are 15-20  car confirmed to be going the more the merrier.

-Sean

I could be tempted for this if any other mk3 friends from the north are willing to make the trip

Would be nice to get a few GTINI guys down... The location is ment to be very scenic on the shore of the lake.. If the weather is good it should be good craic.

Time is now sent for 1 o'clock Sunday.

Bugger, won't be fit to drive as sisters wedding the day before. Take plenty of photos!

There is meant to be three decent photographers coming along so should be a few good ones between them.

Would like to have gone to this but need to fix my car first :(

Any chance of getting it running in time Gethin.. Would be brilliant to get the 500+hp monster down..

If I only still had my Mk3.... :(

Still plenty of time to buy one before the weekend.!!!!

Looks like a great day out! Good turn out too!  :)

Was gud aul craic, was hoping for 10-15 cars TBH... A few pulled up last min. (football, fathers day stuff, broken cars, lack of TAX)

8 cars alltoghter wasn't to bad really.

16v Anni (One of 250 made)

16v JAP Import

VR6, 8v GTI, 1.9TDI, 1.9TD, 1.9 straight, 1.4

We cover all the engines anyways.

Good start Seanie! Maybe we can organise a border meet somewhere our side of Dublin some time....be good to get all the Northern and Southern mk3's together. Once show season dies down a bit we could do it maybe :)

Absolutely Gethin.... If someone as well known in the MK3 scene as yourself had a hand in organizing it there'd a good group there...Just to get word out is all you need to do, there's plenty of nice MK3's on the roads.

​I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of decent looking MK3's that were at the MLVW last weekend as well, They seam to be making a small comeback, easy to see why when you see the price of a MK2

I see plenty of photos, missed castlewellan with work, wasn't able to get a swap. If theres a mk3 meet I'd defy be up for it. There seem to be more about on the roads lately, I think people are starting to come around to them a bit now you see a few really nice ones about.