Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Veedubboy

Dubshed 2014 Feedback Thread

Great show as always. Seems to get better every year. I no it's a nitemare to do but for people that wanted to park outside and show there car they couldn't leave before 5. It's a long day especially if u had children with you. But I'm sure it would be madness if people started leaving when they wanted

Great show as always. Seems to get better every year. I no it's a nitemare to do but for people that wanted to park outside and show there car they couldn't leave before 5. It's a long day especially if u had children with you. But I'm sure it would be madness if people started leaving when they wanted

Its an insurance thing plus an event management thing...it will be looked into for next year as issues arose at the end of day this year yet again

I no it would be a nightmare for you's to control cars leaving etc..

Its just simply couldn't be done Matt. Health and Safety would shut us down, there wouldn't be a show. Static car show is how it is described. No vehicular traffic whilst the show is open to the public.

Its just simply couldn't be done Matt. Health and Safety would shut us down, there wouldn't be a show. Static car show is how it is described. No vehicular traffic whilst the show is open to the public.

true someone would end up knocked down or something.

Great job done as usual folks, gets better every year, when you think it's only 5yr old show and what it's achieved! Aircooled hall again was awesome and muchos thanks for the signage and the brighter hall this year, trying to encourage more folks to go next year!

Jumble area was small but hopefully the start of something as most seemed to like the idea and chance to get some bits.

I'm sure it's been said before but folks not starting their cars during the show when spectators around. Probably wouldn't have picked up on this only I had my wee lad down in the afternoon and this happened when we were passing the rear of a car. Alot of other nippers and kids in prams there too, not only noise but fumes too. I know people maybe having alot of tech stuff on and need to make sure batteries don't go flat or even diving in for cover from weather and sticking the blower on, but a wee check to make sure no one near first would be wise!

Once again folks great day and hats off to all those involved  B)

Great show seems to me an awful lot of hard work went on months before the show and probably a lot of hard work went on well into Sunday night Monday morning and beyond to get things let back to the way they where. There is a song and the words are I wish it could be Christmas every day but I think be better if the words where I wish it could be dubshed every day!!! Really enjoyed keep up the outstanding work plus another great charity has been chosen this year.

2 constructive criticisms coming up.  I've said them for the last couple of years too.

You have a 'Rat' class and no concours class?  Why is that?  No offense to the winners of that rat class but to me that's just very very wrong.

Stance - why is this even glorified as meaning slammed as low as possible on wide rims? (like most people assume it is)  Surely a mint MK1 golf with it's standard 'stance' on mint original wheels should outscore something which is dumped on cheap coilovers on rep rims, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

In my opinion the word stance should be removed completely, and have it changed to something like suspension/handling which incorporates the running gear and any handling modifications and condition.  To me stance just sounds unprofessional on a judging sheet.

Barry, stance on say, a completely original mk1 GTi vs a modified late model scirocco are two completely different things respectfully

And they are marked as such. Same mk1 that is completely original would loose points on the stance score of it was stupidly dropped but not in fitting with the theme of the build

Regarding the handling/modification idea you have mentioned, it's not logistically possible or fair for the simple reason that the vast majority of cars don't have their owners present and judges can't make a fair call on same as they won't be aware of the specification

I completely agree with you on the concours and its something that we are considering and will most likely implement

First time I have actually made it across the water, and I can honestly say hand on heart you have all restored my faith in car shows.

I seemed to be caught saying this lot over the weekend and had a few looks and laughs as it sounds so wrong...so what the hell, I'll say it again....Av been around....when it comes to the scene so to speak, and if am honest, totally lost interest, mainly due to the fact I felt I couldn't keep up with standards and a certain element of people not being all that friendly. But making the journey over not only sparked my passion back up, it made me realise that not everyone in this funny old world is ignorant, rude or two-faced.

I take my hat off to each and everyone of you guys/girls that made the weekend possible. Great atmosphere, fantastic set up and probably the most friendliest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I will be back...in fact if I could come back this weekend I would.

Loved all the different sections, loved this new age tablet judging (although my judge didn't want to talk to me...and i like to talk hahahaha!) Loved the people and I particularly loved the Vodka, I believe sales went up 43% in Ireland this weekend! Please don't change a thing.....well..maybe the hose/water situation....but i believe the lack of hose/jet wash was out of anyones control.

Currently saving to bring both golfs over in september ;)

Barry, stance on say, a completely original mk1 GTi vs a modified late model scirocco are two completely different things respectfully

And they are marked as such. Same mk1 that is completely original would loose points on the stance score of it was stupidly dropped but not in fitting with the theme of the build

That's perfectly acceptable as long as the judges are well aware of the difference and the merit on a car on standard suspension and wheels.  I still think the word 'stance' has no place on the judging sheet.  Even if it's changed to anything else would be an improvement.

I know it's a minor thing but when I was judging at different shows I didn't think 10 was a big enough scale as some cars needed an extra small margin to be separated.  It might be worth looking at a range of 0-20 marks for each category.

Is this not something that comes up every time there's a show .... We end up going back and forth with judging and who wins and how ?

Could we not introduce a simple modified/standard section.... The biggest part of this argument is most likely from more the old school people like me ! I agree with Bazmcc in relation to a standard mk1 v's a mk1 with a alot of mods.. The standard one maybe even with a spot of dirt should take it for being pure... ( But that's just my opinion and not everyone will agree)

Am i wrong in asking is it more the old school people that have the judging issues ????

If so, simple box tick option on your entry.. Modified / standard ????

To be honest , For me i am over the moon if someone stops to chat to me about my car and maybe even take a picture of it ! Having that conversation about the car and someone telling you how great it looks is enough. As when i got the car and started doing things to it there never was a thought about doing this for a prize . It's about the car and what it means to you....

Great show with stunning cars at every corner,,,,Met some great people old and new , and look forward to seeing them at the next show. Roll on next year and we can do it all again.

First time I have actually made it across the water, and I can honestly say hand on heart you have all restored my faith in car shows.

I seemed to be caught saying this lot over the weekend and had a few looks and laughs as it sounds so wrong...so what the hell, I'll say it again....Av been around....when it comes to the scene so to speak, and if am honest, totally lost interest, mainly due to the fact I felt I couldn't keep up with standards and a certain element of people not being all that friendly. But making the journey over not only sparked my passion back up, it made me realise that not everyone in this funny old world is ignorant, rude or two-faced.

I take my hat off to each and everyone of you guys/girls that made the weekend possible. Great atmosphere, fantastic set up and probably the most friendliest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I will be back...in fact if I could come back this weekend I would.

Loved all the different sections, loved this new age tablet judging (although my judge didn't want to talk to me...and i like to talk hahahaha!) Loved the people and I particularly loved the Vodka, I believe sales went up 43% in Ireland this weekend! Please don't change a thing.....well..maybe the hose/water situation....but i believe the lack of hose/jet wash was out of anyones control.

Currently saving to bring both golfs over in september ;)

Kind words Lynsey! Glad you had such a good weekend but I must apologise for one thing, meeting Corndog above you there.....

There's very little to criticise! The show gets better year after year and the team have done a phenomenal job of organising and running the weekend!

Only minor criticism I could make-

There was some chap in the grass area who revved his VR for 15-20 mins solid on the Sunday. Clearly suffered from a small winky disorder.... He needed to be told to knock it on the head or told to leave

There's very little to criticise! The show gets better year after year and the team have done a phenomenal job of organising and running the weekend!

Only minor criticism I could make-

There was some chap in the grass area who revved his VR for 15-20 mins solid on the Sunday. Clearly suffered from a small winky disorder.... He needed to be told to knock it on the head or told to leave

unfortunately I wos parked near him and he just got in reved it for ages then turned up his stereo till it just sounded distorted. Then done it all over and over again... Lol. Wos annoying like

Kind words Lynsey! Glad you had such a good weekend but I must apologise for one thing, meeting Corndog above you there.....

You are very welcome Gethin....I can not stress how great my weekend was  ;)

Corndog  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I still have no clue how we got to that conversation, but am glad the word has spread and that Corndog has stuck :lol: he will from now on always be known as Corndog in my eyes....Ray...Ray who???

unfortunately I wos parked near him and he just got in reved it for ages then turned up his stereo till it just sounded distorted. Then done it all over and over again... Lol. Wos annoying like

Whoever it was should be banned from owning a Volkswagen!

Show was great this year! Only a small thing to ad, on the saturday were were put on the gravel and down towards the back was empty? Seemed like the later you came the better spot you got, was all good in the end we ended moving between the 2nd shed and aircooled shed the into the 2nd shed for saturday evening and Sunday so was very happy