Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Gavin

Dubshed 2014 Winner list

Dubshed Winners 2014

Mk1 Golf
1SI 623 Dave Clarke 54 Winner
HBM 247T Roger Ashfield 50 Runner up

Mk2 Golf
88KY3343 Dave Clarke 45 Winner
H707 BYF Derek Cheshire 44 Runner up

Mk3 Golf
L33OCD Lee Dochery 47 Winner
EDZ 511 Paul Rooney 46 Runner up
M9 XVW Richie Caldwell 46 Runner up

Mk4 Golf
AD52 EGK Joe Farrand 55 Winner
M14 RTX Marty McConnelloge 54 Runner up

Mk5 Golf
DV55 XOX Clark Caughey 52 Winner
S7 YRT Stuart Grey 48 Runner up

Mk6 Golf
S30 BMX Steve Fish Fraser 46 Winner
WIB 15 Paul Hicklin 42 Runner up

MK1/Mk2 Jetta
90 WH 960 Aidan Wright 49 Winner
92 SO 259 Steven Cassidy 47 Runner up

Vento
96 D 28765 Craig Furlong 53 Winner
1665 LYG George Rogers 40 Runner up

Bora
W258 PLS Andy Thomas 47 Winner
00 CN 2625 Steven Cassidy 45 Runneer up

Mk5/Mk6 Jetta
SKZ 717 Josh Cunningham 54 Winner
DRZ 1682 Richard Lamont 49 Runner up

Early Cab
93 KK 2795 Hugh X Winner
XDZ 2178 John McVeigh X Runner up

Post 2000 Cab
J444 XSS Jack Johnston x Winner
FIG3227 Sam Williams x Runner up

Passat
S500 GHB Gavin Black 49 Winner
MK59 HYD Graeme Mc 40 Runner up

Polo --> 6N2
98C15093 Emmet O'Neill 51 Winner
TOI332 Jack Giff 50 Runner up

Polo 9N-6R
W10 SRB Scott Beatie 51 Winner
CT06 JBZ Stephen Caldwell 46 Runner up

Lupo/Arosa/UP
M11 UPS Harry Bowness 57 Winner
EXZ 6881 Adam Hamill 51 Runner up

Scriocco New
S66CC0 Matthew 55 Winner
FEZ40 Rodney McKnight 48 Runner up

Scirocco Old /Corrado
ZV34036 Padhraic Forde 58 Winner
G501YRW Natasha Sharpe 33 Runner up

Caddy
07 LH 1029 Bernard Lennon 48 Winner
F203 WNP Nigel Evans 42 Runner up
02D14059 Harry Evers 42 Runner up

Watercooled Beetle
DJZ8174 Lenny Hutchinson 44 Winner
GX52XYT Ryan McIlmail 35 Runner up

Watercooled Transporter
AT52LOW Shaun Lewis 51 Winner
WDZ 3521 Geoffrey McCooke 44 Runner up

Aircooled Beetle
BXZ 6221 Jonny Type2 x Winner
54WW21 Tsar Sheane x Runner up

Aircooled Transporter
EXZ 6137 Paul & Stewart 52 Winner
SPJ 806M Stanley McKeown 36 Runner up

Other VW
YKD 459J Cahir Cassidy 37 Winner
89WH8007 Martin ListPeterson 36 Runner up

Audi A3/S3
S3 LOA Matt Andrew 52 Winner
TUI3883 Dean McFarland 48 Runner up

Audi A4/S4
J100SE Julian Loose 57 Winner
NGRDR Nathan Gill 56 Runner up

Audi TT
BXZ9488 Janice McCorran 48 Winner
IXI 100 Brain 44 Runner up

Audi Other
OUI 3029 Derek Doherty 47 Winner
YKZ 8087 Stewart Logan 46 Runner up

Skoda
05D12095 Trevor Punton 38 Winner
YKZ 8087 Stuart Landridge 28 Runner up

Seat Leon
XEZ 3478 David Spratt 50 Winner
05TS4572 David Nieroda 48 Runner up

Seat Other
02KE16016 Craig Geary 42 Winner
96D56522 Stefan Kilroy 35 Runner up

Porsche
ILZ5555 John Cunningham 46 Winner

RAT
8811 ZD Brian Dunne 49 Winner
97 D 72004 Irmantas 36 Runner up

Best Wheels Padhraic Forde ZV34036

Car of the Show Alex Begley J88 PU B

Well done to all the winners....

By is there by any chance pictures of the winners cars... I am not great at remembering all them reg's : D

Or even which car it was with the reg...? Or if people could cut and paste the winner list with pics if they have them?? Think there was enough camera's knocking about : D (Just a thought )

What do ya's think??? Good or bad ides????

Just wouldn't mind knowing which are the winners cars...

Cheers

Well done to all the winners....

By is there by any chance pictures of the winners cars... I am not great at remembering all them reg's : D

This is what we were hoping to show on the screen at the prize giving time, but unfortunately technical issues left us with shadow puppet dogs and birds on the blue screen lol

We have the photos of the winning cars, and should hopefully have them up in the next few days when we all finally recover!

Congratulations to all the winners, superb show.

Would an admin be able to PM me with criteria for judging, if that's allowed, I'd love to know places to improve for the OEM guy.

We have categories and score out of 10, we have set categories eg. paint, wheels, engine etc. but how they are marked are down to the judges personal discretion.

Again it is difficult to compare some of the vehicles if they aren't the same model shape or if they're modifed or standard. We are trying to update our class categories, and its difficult to compare a concours standard mk1 Polo against a modified 6N, but if we had a separate category for them all, we would either be still handing out 100's of trophies or not even finished the judging!

We have to thank the judges for their hard work, some of the categories had multiple dozens of cars in them, all over the site. With the massive crowds it was hard for them to get to them all, or even find the type they were looking to judge. We apologise if you think your car was missed, with time constraints against us on the day, some may have unfortunately been missed, we truly did our best to get around every entry on the system.

We're always looking to improve the show, and I'm sure there will be a thread soon to let you leave feedback on what we could do to improve it further.

I wonder would a judging area like what they have at edition 38 be of any advantage? Just thinking out loud since when my car was judged i wasnt near it, so in theory it would have lost marks on engine, interior etc since the judges wouldnt have been able to see inder the bonnet etc (not that the beetles interior or engine would have won many points lol :lol: )

It would be hard to stand next to your car all day waiting on a judge. This isnt a dig at the judges, they have a very hard job to do without having to try and chase an owner! But i spent most of the day inside the main hall chatting to people.

Obviously it brings with it a health and safety issue with cars moving about on site, and the indoor cars wouldnt need to go outside to get judged etc.

Loving the ipad/iphone scanner system, great step in the right direction!! :)

Ryan

I wonder would a judging area like what they have at edition 38 be of any advantage? Just thinking out loud since when my car was judged i wasnt near it, so in theory it would have lost marks on engine, interior etc since the judges wouldnt have been able to see inder the bonnet etc (not that the beetles interior or engine would have won many points lol :lol: )

It would be hard to stand next to your car all day waiting on a judge. This isnt a dig at the judges, they have a very hard job to do without having to try and chase an owner! But i spent most of the day inside the main hall chatting to people.

Obviously it brings with it a health and safety issue with cars moving about on site, and the indoor cars wouldnt need to go outside to get judged etc.

Loving the ipad/iphone scanner system, great step in the right direction!! :)

Ryan

You are right Ryan about the Health and Safety issue. We are insured as a static car show. Once you start moving cars around the price rockets. We cannot move cars whilst we are open to the public or the Health and Safety would shut us down and no show, hence the signs everywhere and posts on the internet etc to tell people that once in they could not leave until the close of show which every year people have ignored and put us in a difficult position with the venue management.

I don't know how Edition 38 get way with it but the venue must have different rules or their insurance must cover it somehow. We brought in the QR codes and Ipads this year to speed the process up and it worked to a certain extent but we already have idea on how to improve it for next year. It's all a big learning process from year to year and trying different things, it just looks like disorganised chaos from the outside :lol:

Could you not have left it on the latch then a judge can open it and see what the engine bay is like.

Most guys indoors did this on the Saturday, we had a few alarms going off, one way to get the owner over quickly!  :P

Hi folks congrats on a great show well done, i had a skoda there with iirc  another 5 skodas did they all get judged, just wondering because i wouldn't think it would take to long to judge 6 cars in one of the VAG category's.? It would be impossible for me to make a comment on the two winning Skodas without it looking like sour grapes !!!  

Curious about the judgement, I put my car in to get judged and never seen anyone about the car, meaning they couldn't view under the bonnet or inside (properly), does this mean I lost all marks in them areas?

Not criticising just curious :)

Most guys indoors did this on the Saturday, we had a few alarms going off, one way to get the owner over quickly!  :P

I had bonnet, doors and boot unlocked all weekend. Anything of value was put in my glovebox and locked.

and cheers Gethin for the clarification on the judging procedure - theres quite a few things there I'd never thought of. Did have a good laugh when Gavin was checking behind my wheels for dirt though, he managed to find the 1 spoke that I'd missed.

assuming everything was marked and stored on iPad is it possible to get your marks so as you can see which areas you failed in?

Seriously guys don't take it so seriously...that's certainly not what we want. Judging even with criteria is a minefield. You could have had a certain score in a category this time with 2 particular judges and next time have a totally different score with 2 totally different ones. There are too many variables.

Build the car you want not the car that you think everyone else wants, if it wins trophies all well and good but that's not what it should all be about... Enjoy it!

:) John :)

Now that the dust has settled i just wanted to say thanks to very one involved on the day yet again you guys pulled off a great show.

To top it off for me was getting a very unexpected runner up for the syncro, I have to agree with middleman I put the syncro together to suit me, the plan all along was to have her as near to original on the out side and usable inside. But I have never had as many people asking questions about her and I was only to happy to talk lol. The standard of cars was fantastic. only reason I did not bring the cabby was that I knew Hugh was coming in his Sportsline and she was always going to be a winner,anyway 4 times a bridesmaid is still not to bad. Thanks again everyone job well done.

Have to agree with what John said nailed it on head. Think judges have a very hard job with the standard of some of the motors this year. As John said enjoy what you have. I didn't buy my little caddy for anyone else just me some people think it's silly looking mayb it is but it's my silly and I love it, I'm dam sure I'm going to enjoy it this summer well what we have of it.lol Plus just think of all the good work everyone did this year from the organisers to everyone who brought there car and to everyone who just came to have a nosey the biggest winner was this years chosen charity,it's about the cars of course,but just think of the help the money will give that charity!! SO IN MY BOOK YOUR ALL WINNERS