Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Robin

Mk3 GTI Golf

58 posts in this topic

Thought I'd throw a thread up for this as the progress on the R32 will be slow for the next few months. I purchased this from Mark back in July to use as my daily. The car looked great and was in great condition with Mark maintaining it to a high standard. It's a GTI 8valve, fitted with a full stainless exhaust system, intake, Coilovers and a few other minor mods. I drove the car for a month or so before I decided to make it my own. I wanted to return the car back to a more standard look with a few small tweaks. The first thing I did was fit its original wheels and adjust the ride height. I also fitted 32mm spacers to the rear and 25mm spacers to the front. I then purchased lower spec headlights and painted the insides black. Next I fitted a Golf Gti badge on the rear, fitted original front and rear vw badges and painted the backbox black. Next thing I did was add standard number plates and paint the brake calipers black.

I removed the sideskirt trims as they were badly rusted, new trims are ordered and should be delivered this week. Today I adjusted the front wheel alignment, setting the front camber to -1.5°. The front needs lowered slightly more now so will do that threw the week.

That's basically as it sits today. Future plans are as follows:

-OEM dual chamber headlights

-OEM bumper lights

-OEM small 8V splitter

-Paint grill white and add GTI badge

-Remove number plate holders

-Fit new plastic sideskirt trims

-New indicators for wings

-New CD player

-Momo team 300mm steering wheel

-New parcel shelf

Few pics of the car when I bought it, and some as it sits today.

When I bought it:

IMAG1347_zps29c2dafc.jpg

IMAG1344_zpsd34e089d.jpg

IMAG1348_zps643fd5e1.jpg

As it's sits today after a good clean:

DSC_0586_zpsc040d73b.jpg

DSC_0587_zpsf56af9e7.jpg

DSC_0588_zps6259b6c2.jpg

DSC_0589_zpseb98eebd.jpg

DSC_0590_zpsf5b7e5e5.jpg

DSC_0591_zpsd97d0e5c.jpg

DSC_0603_zpsdd03af2b.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Hi all :) Some progress on the Mk3. I purchased a few parts over past two weeks. OEM bumper lights, 8v Splitter, side skirt trims, tie arms, track rod ends, parcel shelf, GTI badge for the grille, and new registration. The reg is for the R32 but thought I'd put it on this for now. Few pics:

IMAG1827_zpsa8af9198.jpg

IMAG1863_zps70ddd8dc.jpg

IMAG1865_zpsa48da9bf.jpg

IMAG1868_zpsa65ce8c9.jpg

IMAG1867_zps749c95f3.jpg