Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mk2mark

Mk2 GTi 8v

31 posts in this topic

Thought it was about time I got some pics up of my recently acquired mk2. Some of you no doubt already know the car. As soon as I seen ad for it I knew I had to have the car lol, a car I've always wanted to own.

golf1_zps2956b325.jpg

golf2_zps20666a82.jpg

Was really impressed at the condition of the car and my plans were really just to get it on the road again. It needed a few bits and pieces done but as the list was getting longer I decided to bite the bullet and really do it properly lol. Its had shed load of work done on the running gear, basically new suspension all round, new brakes with mk3 calipers, had gear selector kit fitted, a bit of welding and lots of other wee bits and pieces.

golf7_zps1c76fc00.jpg

golf9_zps40dc2929.jpg

golf3_zps12421b88.jpg

golf5_zps3f146f2e.jpg

I've been using the car as a daily driver and it drives beautifully, people can't believe how old the car is when in it. It loves the back roads lol.

Have had to put it into garage though, water has been getting in round the windscreen and round the electrics and fusebox, so back in the mk4 for now til get some funds built up for repairs.

No doubt there will be more done over winter in preparation for next year, will keep this updated.

love that wee car! good to see its getting looked after. fit going wee car too. any plans for it?

Yeah, its certainly fit going car, no big plans at minute but that could change lol, just to freshen it up really, needs little bit of attention to paintwork then just enjoy the car

Thought it was time I updated this thread lol, not that a whole lot has been done.

It was left into Blairs to get the bootlid and windscreen scuttle rust sorted out. There was more work involved than originally thought, but Andrew done an amazing job on it.

Wheels were also refurbed having the lips polished,

IMAG0344_zps498c23zt.jpg

IMAG0345_zpsvy2jcmbv.jpg

IMAG0348_zpsko3mngwl.jpg

IMAG0346_zpsexsycurk.jpg

IMAG0331_zpsaiej1dis.jpg

Few minor mechanical things getting sorted this week, mainly to do with cooling and heating system then hopefully it will be going back to Blairs to get the side of car repainted all in time for castlewellan.

Lovely wee mk2.

Where abouts are you from? Near sure I've seen this out around Ballyclare/Ballyeaston

I'm near Greenisland, girlfriend lives in Ballyclare though so no doubt you have seen me on my travels lol B).

think am in love :)  looks great exsample  love the earlyer steering wheel and small bumpers hope get running problems sorted

Thanks, definately getting there. Last week it got coolant system flushed out, new heater matrix and new thermostat. Running cooler now and also will have a bit of heat come winter lol