Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
56oval

Joint drag day Air vs Water??

Hi folks, Ben here. I am currently in the throws of trying to organise a drag day for the aircooled guys, It will more than likely be a Sunday and it will be held at bishopscourt. The date of 25th of August has been mooted for the minute but as with everything, it is solely dependant on numbers. The simple facts are there are just not enough aircooled guys out there to make it an aircooled event, so what to do, well we have to look at splitting it and making it a joint event. Naturally VAG would be perfect to partner it, so here were you guys may (or may not) come in. This is an invite to GTNI to bring your metal to Bishopscourt and have a drag day with us, we can do some freindly matchups and generally have a great day at the track with plenty of banter and chat. At the moment i am working on a figure of £40 per entry, this would give you unlimited runs from 11am to 5pm. Make no mistake, i am not an events organiser and i am not looking to make ANY money from organising this, im just a drag enthusiast looking to get folk out there for a blast, i will do ALL i can to make this event happen, but its a numbers game and the more uptake the better. GTINI have been very welcoming to the Aircooled fraternity over the years, it would be nice if us aircooled folk could offer you guys the same (which we will 110%). So how about it? H20 v's Aircooled? Oh and i promise ill try my hardest not to spray anyones car with oil :roll: If this is in the wrong section mods feel free to move. Thanks again folks. Ben.

DEFFO up for this!! You might get a better response mid September though when the show season has died down a bit and it's not just as (potentially) hot? What sort of numbers do you need to make it work?

Right folks, its ON!!! More details to follow gtini are welcomed along as part of the "H20 Invitational" £40 driver entry must be pre booked in advance, strip opens 11am sharp finish tbc either 5pm or 6pm. £10 on the gate spectators. More details to follow, but as of 12.45am this morning we are GO!! DRAGFLYER_zps01292194.jpg drop me a pm if you wish to book a spot to race. Best regards Ben

you may be joking but my goal for this event is "inclusive" not "exclusive" as ive said to the aircooled folks it doesnt matter wether you had a 30 hp car or 300hp EVERYONE is welcome, there are a lot of aircooled folk that have converted their vans to waterpumper, it would be unfair to exclude them wouldnt it? There will be plenty of slow machinery there, and although that doesnt sound exciting, the point is, getting the folk together, give them a go at the track and make them feel like they are part of something, i really dont care wether its a 12second bug, or a 30 sec van, if you are willing to pay your hard earned cash in these difficult times to have a go on the strip then you will be treated with the same level of respect and enthusiasm as everyone else . Cheers Ben

Thanks Gethin thats very much appreciated, my old friends have got right on board with this, Paul "puppy" at type 2 detectives is sending over some goodies for the prize winners, Legendary coach trimmers Bernard & Louis Newbury are also sending us some very very cool stuff!! Bugbitz, Vw Heritage and Ultra Vw are also well on board. We have 20+ vehicles confirmed so far, but i have space reserved for waterpumpers, specifically gti's of every era and other VAG related vehicles, you will all be MOST welcome. Cheers. Ben. finalDRAGFLYERsponsors_zps7ad9afc4.jpg

We've only realised that unfortunately this clashes with the annual NIBMW event which we have supported for years so we will not be able to attend. Hope you guys have a good day and gutted to be missing it :(

Thanks for all your support guys, i do appreciate it, on the watercooled side, WE ARE FULL!!!! i have some serious firepower coming from the south, mick cruschell is bringing his n20 injected 12 second mk1 golf, dave is bringing his 550bhp turbo vr6 mk2 golf with haldex 4wd along with his rapid g60, theres a host of other tuned mk2's coming along with some mk5 stock gti's. As for the aircooled contingent, we are at 40+ cars booked and paid, the printers are doing certificates, t shirts, brushed aluminium dash plaques, energy drinks cans , all the big names in the uk have stepped up, and my good freinds bernie and louis newbury (probably the most legendary vw coachtrimmers in the country) are hand stitching one special trophy for this event. Im blown away by the uptake, im blown away by the support of all the companies involved, this is looking to be an epic day, if your not up to anything, you are welcome down to spectate and have a look around.