Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
EW17

Gumtree NI

This site needs a wake up call... Buying and selling is a big part of owing an older VW but check out the posts for the past 6 - 8 weeks and you'll find 95% have been sales or wanted ads. Not what you want to hear? - That's good, now start posting interesting stuff!

We are developing a new website which has better interfaces, is more modern and more compatible with mobile and tablet access. Once this happens the site will improve greatly so until then please bear with us :)

Gethin... This is a great wee site. I'm guessing I'm like most and mooch about the various others, but importantly I keep coming back here. GTINI is different and so much the better for it, it always has been. It's the people who drop in and contribute that do it, not whatever the latest means of broadcasting it happens to be. All sites have ruts and this one'll pass like all the others. There's approaching 2400 members registered, but it's only a hard core of a few dozen who contribute... Surely that can't be right and needs addressing?

Gethin... This is a great wee site. I'm guessing I'm like most and mooch about the various others, but importantly I keep coming back here. GTINI is different and so much the better for it, it always has been. It's the people who drop in and contribute that do it, not whatever the latest means of broadcasting it happens to be. All sites have ruts and this one'll pass like all the others. There's approaching 2400 members registered, but it's only a hard core of a few dozen who contribute... Surely that can't be right and needs addressing?
The increase in the popularity of social networking is partly the reason for this with this website being dated and having a lack of social networking links. The new forum when finished should have full social networking integration with up to 40 different social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc. We will hopefully be able to draw people back using these links along with competition giveaways. There will also be updated photo galleries and a much better photo uploading system to iron out the recent problems, this should have been done a long time ago. Please have patience, we are on it like a car bonnet.

I have to agree with john and gethin i used to always post on gtini and put pics up etc but now i always ise my iphone to browse and its not as easy to do so with it so hardly ever bother :(

I don't really post on this site, I'm more active on other local sites, although I'm forever on the classifieds. I think it's part and parcel of owning/looking for a dub.

Jeez' date=' you'll need to make it quick... Jazzbora, T2000 and JonnyB aren't getting any younger![/quote'] EW17 you sweet talker you, you sure know how to make a guy feel good. LOL. Personally I blame fakebook, cant stand the bloody thing, does my head in, admin please delete GTINI's fakebook account and bring it all back to where it all started, dare I say it, old school forum is where it should be.

Jeez' date=' you'll need to make it quick... Jazzbora, T2000 and JonnyB aren't getting any younger![/quote'] You go on about quality posts and then put that up!! Drivelling on again ain't ya or is it dribbling :lol: Pot and kettle come to mind.......Oh and it's maturing like a skanky old cheese :lol:

Oh and another thing 40's is the new 20's apparently so my 19 year old bit on the side tells me!
Im not 19, and im not your bit on the side, thought you had real feelings for me, im heartbroken. :cry:

I have to agree with john and gethin i used to always post on gtini and put pics up etc but now i always use my iphone to browse and its not as easy to do so with it so hardly ever bother :(
Hopefully be easier once we get the new forum set up Matt. It will be Mac, tablet and mobile friendly.

Haha the ricers didnt get me although i do have a really unhealthy want for a S2000. cant help it i just love them maybe if i drove one i may think differently more on topic i agree with EW that people use the site now more for selling than anything else. but i admit first thing i head to when i get home is Facebook were all guilty of that and who knows maybe thats better. much wider audience. So the hardcore come here for their fix of banter and vw love. but this site is still a valuable source of info for all who use it to its full potential i wouldnt like to see it die of as a victim to social sites i myself dont post a lot but i do a lot of reading.

i've five sites i always visit daily, this is one of them, guess what i'm saying is there's probably a lot of guys like me who are regular visitors but not posters. i don't think a forum format can beat facebook for irreverent posts and a bit of topical banter, but you can't beat a forum format for how to's, technical help, group buys, members rides and for sale threads etc - there's life in the forum format yet, refresh would be great.

I am a reletavly new forum user, it has only really been since I got into the dub scene. GTINI was the first forum that I ever signed up for and used. Since then I have joined a few other forums but I have to say GTINI has to be the best of the bunch for me. Not mentioninging any other forums but a lot of them are very bitchy. I have seen people put up posts on said forums and then are abused and ridiculed. People have to remember not everyone is as clued up as some members. Some people like mentioned in earlier posts have been around the block when it comes to forum browsing/using and others are young or newbies to the VAG scene... Give them a chance is it really that hard?? Of late as said in earlier posts aswell the forum has been a bit of a ghost town and yes it does have a few glitches that need sorted out. But it doesn't stop me from using it every day. Fair enough i dont post every day but i still enjoy reading it and if i can helping people out or receiving advice, and as I am not a social network user either. I find them to be full of useless junk and an invade of private space (my own view by the way!) I find this the best way to do such things To end keep up the good work and I think as a community we can all work together to get more people using the forum again. Rant over! Sorry!

I am a reletavly new forum user, it has only really been since I got into the dub scene. GTINI was the first forum that I ever signed up for and used. Since then I have joined a few other forums but I have to say GTINI has to be the best of the bunch for me. Not mentioninging any other forums but a lot of them are very bitchy. I have seen people put up posts on said forums and then are abused and ridiculed. People have to remember not everyone is as clued up as some members. Some people like mentioned in earlier posts have been around the block when it comes to forum browsing/using and others are young or newbies to the VAG scene... Give them a chance is it really that hard?? Of late as said in earlier posts aswell the forum has been a bit of a ghost town and yes it does have a few glitches that need sorted out. But it doesn't stop me from using it every day. Fair enough i dont post every day but i still enjoy reading it and if i can helping people out or receiving advice, and as I am not a social network user either. I find them to be full of useless junk and an invade of private space (my own view by the way!) I find this the best way to do such things To end keep up the good work and I think as a community we can all work together to get more people using the forum again. Rant over! Sorry!
Have to agree with you there, don't do facebook myself for exactly the same reasons and i know you get keyboard warriors on all forums which i think is just bad manners, the % glitch on the forum annoys me a little but i still come back everyday and check out what's going on.

With a banner taking up a quarter of the page, stickies and announcements never mind those question % marks, a lot of people wont bother navigating through the site, especially if there on a phone. But hey, the site is free. If only the cash from the sponsors was ploughed in to make the actual site, navigation and functionality a bit better and more platform testing was carried out. This site needs a wake up call... Buying and selling is a big part of owing an older VW but check out the posts for the past 6 - 8 weeks and you'll find 95% have been sales or wanted ads. Not what you want to hear? - That's good, now start posting interesting stuff! With the current economic client a lot of people are posting on various sites only to sell or purchase second hand goods cheaply. I'm not into car shows or polish etc but there are a lot of good people on here that are genuine car fans that have helped me out. There are the serious V dubbers that like the shows and the polish. Each to their own. To have a website that caters for all is very difficult. Shame a lot of the posts are for alloy wheels. If only more posted about helping other V dubbers keeping the cars on the road or helping them to source a bit there after, no matter how rare or far away the site would seem less like a buy and sell forum only. That's just my tuppenceworth !