Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

HID Lights-

seen this on a forum before ,it was done for the mot , and while the testers might not have liked it , they passed it all you need really is to t into your existing w/screen washer and take a feed to the head light it doesnt have to be like this set up , as long as you have a water feed over the headlight theres very little they can do sQAy2V4l.jpg

My gt tdi has headlight washers fitted with the standard lights, Also has the leveling feature inside the assuming it will work if i get a set Of HIDS. Is there a level of brightness that makes them illegal? I quite like the 4300k white lights, dont want to go any brighter

the Mrs has 4300k in her Leon, and they are quite good, just looks like a nice OEM light, my mate has 5000k in his, and they are a whiter, more xenon-like light, after that you will be starting to get into blue territory which just looks chav.

Think you need to have headlight washers to run these for MOT now but I stand to be corrected.
you do have to have head light washers, probably better off with xenon bulbs they will pass, however not as good as HIDs

I'm after a set too Andrew, for my Mk4 Golf.

I'm not sure where to buy them as I was worried about how good the quality is with ebay/amazon ones etc. They tend to be cheaper which worries me. Maybe someone who has bought a set could comment?

I have a set from hids4u on my wife's Touareg, 35w 6000k and the difference between those and standard bulbs is unreal. I'll probably just end up getting them here as the quality and customer service is very good. If you do look on hids4u then enter promo code STRATHY at the checkout for discount, it's saving me £15 if I do.

Don't buy cheap HID's. I've have recently started working in a Motor factors, they sold a load of cheap HID they picked up on a bulk buy deal before I started there. They have started coming back to us under guarantee after only 6 months . You can see the cars coming at this stage, blown bulb or ballast in hand. We have recently started selling a more expensive German made kit retailing around the €80 mark. Be interesting to see what happens.

Buy cheap, buy twice unfortunately. Always used HIDs direct in the past for my previous cars & the kits were good quality, actually sold them on when I sold on the car.

Would love xenons but hassle of bumper off, lights out & old ones in for MOT then swapping again would drive me mad.