Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Veedubboy

Official Dubshed Feedback Thread

Ok, here is a couple. 1.Autojumble, everyone loves a bargain and rooting around parts. 2.Kids activites, bouncy castles etc. 3.VW Widows area! lol 4.Possibly paid pro photographer who could go around and offer pictures for owners cars and produce prints for them. 5.No blondes, lol ;-)

Ok, here is a couple. 1.Autojumble, everyone loves a bargain and rooting around parts. 2.Kids activites, bouncy castles etc. 3.VW Widows area! lol 4.Possibly paid pro photographer who could go around and offer pictures for owners cars and produce prints for them. 5.No blondes, lol ;-)
1. Actively offered and presumed this but none has taken it up year after year :( 2. Face painting and bull last year...bull was a flop and VERY expensive..we brought the painter back this year though 3. A coffee area with woman's own and loose women on loop playing ? :) 4. Plenty of photo guys going round doing this and are contactable to purchase pics..though we could go down a company to do it next year 5. No cheesy wotsits either lol

Thanks for the quick reply. 1.Autojumble a definite for a small fee for a car boot. 2.Missed the face painting but caught the Bull last year, still think bouncy castle, what kids don't like them! including adults lol. 3.and Jeremy Kyle! 4.Didn't know that but yes maybe a photographers stand. 5.More like a Nik Nak, lol.

thought everything was pretty spot on and showed a lot of thought and effort, the only thing I would say is, that there needed to be better access for people that needed to get in/out of the show, The Mrs was meeting me for lunch (I was already in early), so I walked down to the main gate, to get picked up only to be told by security he couldnt open it, so I would have to walk all the way back around to get out, done that and went for lunch, came back and then he couldnt (wouldnt) let us in (it wasnt locked), so we had to walk the whole way around (the way the cars went in) to the back hall. Completely understand that in previous years lots of people took the mick and didnt pay, and its not the clubs fault, but why cant we go in the main gate without going around the world when we both had paid and had bands. Having to walk from the main gate the WHOLE way round to the back hall just to get back in was a bit of a trek for no reason other than jobsworth security I thought.

If someone can get us public liability insurance at a reasonable price then we would have bouncy castle every year but alas inflatable bouncers are a no no when it comes to most policies. Also the face painter spent her day sitting doing nothing tbh. We have tried every year to make it a family day out and will continue to try this so any advice is welcome and bring your kids along :)

I actually thought about the elf and safety issue after I posted it, fair point. Didn't see the face painter at all, did she do the blonde's? Would love to see the Autojumble though if its possible, like a car boot section.

For the winners a stage area where when collecting prizes the actual car can be driven to so as everyone knows who and what won it
Mabye not as far as a stage. But a projector with a picture of the winners car would be nice. Could be a bit of a headache to get sorted but

I don't mean a stage as such Steven just a prize giving area where the cars can drive to collect the prize and then away on with yourself lol sorta like the car limbo of last year oh and bring that back too

We can't do the drive onto a stage thing because King's Hall and our insurance company prohibit movement if cars on site plus the sheer volume of people would require quite a vast area. We did aim to have pictures of the winners on the two flat screen TV's that were at the stage this year but at 5pm when we finally had all the winners sorted it was too late to go round taking 80 pics!

As said top show, very well organised and I know you guys want to try and make the next year better and not sit on your laurels. We really enjoyed having the aircooled area as such, and had a good few folks comment on it : ) so that should be a must every year now :P from something T2000 had said be cool if could have the more retro stuff together (MK1s and 2s) and then the same with the more modern stuff. Although others maybe prefer it the way it is? RE autojumble, it'd be a great idea, but seems to be hard to get folks. There's a guy I know off that I've got bits off before I'd tried to contact about doing it as has loads air and watercooled bits and easy to deal with. Some more VW specific traders would be cool, and the show is of a great size now would it'd probably be worth the while for some UK based people to come over, Heritage even??? Hard to judge I suppose what trade they would do and wouldn't want them waste their time maybe.

I personally thought the show was top notch, at least on a par with anything on the mainland, and to you guys I doff my cap indeed. The organisation and professional ins of the show was outstanding, ans that only comes through months of planning beforehand, so again..... kudos to all involved. One point of criticism though..... It was a mighty fine trek from the Kings Hall gates to the point of entry for anybody who was on foot and not driving, although this was mainly down to pedestrians not being allowed through the security barrier up at the Lisburn Road, and having to take the same route as the cars ie turn left past the front of the hall. I only realised to distance when I had to go and meet someone who was getting the train up, and it was a quarter distance when I walked back..... a lot longer than you would think. Maybe as a suggestion there could possibly be a pedestrians only entry near the Lisburn road, and then keep the rest as is. Just a thought :)