Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
jmccullough160

Mk5 GTI Rusty Wing Warranty Work Anyone?

Has anybody had any of the rust issues covered by any VW dealers over here. I've got some very light bubbles on my passenger arch, think the driver's is going the same way. After looking on forums over the water it seems most are getting it done as a good will gesture by VW, some no hassle and some with persuasion from VW HQ. I am just wondering who would be the best to go to? Agnews? Eddy Mays? Has anybody had any bodywork rectified by agnews and how would you rate them? Don't want a bad job as recently had a paint correction done. Any feedback would be appreciated. I already have the Official VW PDF advising dealers to cover the issue so i'll be going in armed with that. Joe

I had an 07 gti that had small rust bubbles starting to appear on the bottom of the rear quarters. VW would not cover it but agnews repaired both sides under good will. Make an appointment with agnews body shop on the boucher rd and they will give you a yes or no. Think the front wings are a known water trap with sound proofing the cause. Manufacture defect, would think they should cover it.

Yes mk Jan 05 had significant bubbling on the drivers and browning on the passengers. Trip to Agnews body shop for the paint depth and then a two month wait. In the end I got very frustrated and contacted WhatCar? magazine helpline who were great and phoned VW direct and kicked up stink. I also did the usual we have bought about 15 VW's as a family and confidence dented bla bla. WhatCar? really helped me as before that VW ignored the PDF and said your car is eight years old, what do you expect. Anyway, I had 85 per cent contribution on an £850 job, paint finish fine (reflex silver) and they replaced the front mud flaps and side strips too. Rubber foam padding also removed. Car looks fresh as a daisey now.