Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
chopper

LSD for DSG

LSD is available for DSG for under £800. The only two men I know that would have any clue are Paul McCaughern off here or Darryl from Phillips. Wouldn't go near Gardiner's or anywhere else over here! Only problem is one can be grumpy and the other one doesn't like taking on too many homers! :lol:

lol be nice to me.... ive still got yours!! :-P bear in mind that a dsg is just a manual gearbox. so i dont see much of a problem with doing a LSD!
can i hold you to this Paul :-p

what? replace with a LSD into a dsg?? No..... and i highly doubt anyone here has done so, you would need to be running serious power to be contemplating the need for one in a dsg!!

what? replace with a LSD into a dsg?? No..... and i highly doubt anyone here has done so, you would need to be running serious power to be contemplating the need for one in a dsg!!

there are a couple of tuners across the water who fit quaife LSDs into DSG. didnt think anyone here would be able to. in terms of power i wouldnt be going more than stage 2+ remap, but i still think the lsd would be a massive help. sure the focus rs and the megane r26r have the quaife lsd and they benefit all the more from having it.

Well my tsi vrs is running roughly stage 2+ power and tbh the only need I would see for a lsd would be if you are driving round a racetrack! Ive read you can end up with more torque steer with an lsd fitted too, I would only consider getting one if going above 300hp myself

I saw the guide on fitting an LSD to dsg boxes on PVW. it involves drilling out the retaining rivets on the origional diff and bolting in the new one. pretty extensive work.It could be the case you would be better off pricing up shipping it to the mainland to a specific workshop that would carry out this sort of thing often?

What's OAJ? And PVW? So pobmk4 you arre saying it shouldn't be any different fitting an LSD to a dsg as it would be for a manual? I take it the bolts need drilled out in both cases. I don't really want to ship my gearbox to England or drive the car over to get it done.

yes they all need drilled out as they are rivetted into the diff..... unless as i said it is styled like the OAJ (Gearbox type) then its is just bolted together. it shouldnt be any different, but as you pointed out, may require some machining of the casing to allow the LSD to be fitted. most manufacturers would have redeveloped their design to allow direct fitment.