Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Djgmax

Build Thread - 1983 MK1 Golf GTI campaign-UPDATED 01/05/12

She is turning over, however we believe its a problem with the injectors. Fuel seems to be getting as far as the injector distributor near the fuel filter but no further. I am out of my depth now as I am dealing with 'Fuel' a few guys have helped however they are only able to give me a hour here and there which is not ideal!

Thanks! How much do you want for them. Last saturday we did not seem to have a spark. though we tested them previously and all was ok. There are new plugs in her. could it be am ignition coil? the distributor cap is changed and the terminal underneath has been cleaned! Blood nightmare!! I'm sure it's something obvious! I'm not a mechanic and have been teaching myself as I go along!! Thanks for your help!

Guys its been a while but I have a few updates on the build!  Im like a kid at christmas now:

1. Whole underside repaired
  2. Copper fuel pipes going in
  3. new fuel tank fitted
  4. rear valance reparied

Pics to follow! and more updates soon

Yeah I am hoping to be ready for the end of spring (maybe thats too late) - I am going to need a little help with the inside!  but she is looking good.  I am trying to pics up, so hopefully not too long.