Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Djgmax

Build Thread - 1983 MK1 Golf GTI campaign-UPDATED 01/05/12

Most of the exterior trim is now off, the inside is completely gutted, apart from the electrics and dashboard. Deep breaths....seized nuts and screws are a nightmare!! More pics to follow shortly.

Still working on the Engine. We have the Engine turning over and its not seized......good news!! New fuel filter required and she should start. Its then coming our for a once over and then to the paint shop. I have no photos as the car has looked the same for the last few weeks!! Im getting there though! On the plus side - I get my new Golf R on Tuesday!!

New fuel filter changed and I hope to god it starts now! We had the car turning over and she is trying to kick in......fingers crossed!! The mechanic has had to rig up a temp fuel tank as the original one was too badly rusted. Promise, more pics will follow soon!

Would love to be ready! dont know anyone who can get an engine running!! lol - This is what the holdup is. I want to hear it run before I take it out of the car. The rest of the car is pretty much ready for the body/paint shop.