Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
8VMatt

Mk2 GTI 8V-VR6 turbo build

Hi just thought id throw up a few pictures of my car. STA72838.jpgPicture003.jpgPicture002.jpgPicture001.jpgPicture004.jpg sorry for the poor quality iphone pics. currently the car is quite standard apart from a set of coilovers and G60 arches, it also has a recaro interior fitted. thou the seats are not wired in. if anyone has an idea of how to get these working i would like to know. no major plans for it, replacing the g60 arches with standard ones possibly and perhaps a sat of 15" bbs ra's Matt

nice car you have there, seats are a live running from the fuse box with an inline fuse and an earth very easy from what i hear , i think there is a thread on edtion 38 about if you do a search.

jimc, thanks mate. ill sign up to edition and see what i can find, but from what ive found already it seams quite straightforward. gdz7014, unsure what ill do with the G60's. ill decide in the next few weeks. and if i do sell ill pm you and give you first refusal. colum mate im keeping well, yourself? loving owning it. puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it

Just a quick update. Finally got around to removing the g60 arches and replaced them with standard ones, looks far neater in my opinion as I'm not planning on runing wide wheels. Also picked up an electric window setup, have no idea how to wire it in thou.... Any help would be appreciated, or if anyone knows where I could go to get it done? No pics as the car is filthy. Have Friday off work to give it a good clean for castlewellen. Hopefully it stays dry... Matt

Thanks for the comments guys. There's still plenty I want to do to it, but I've a feeling thats just going to turn into a never ending list.... I-am-dee yea I've still got the arches, keep meaning to get them on eBay and havnt got around to it. If your intrested in them drop me a pm! Thanks Matt

Here's a few pics for you collum. Finally got some time to clean it. c67884c9.jpgc8388be7.jpg It's sitting a bit high at the minute, havnt gab the chance to wind it down since the mot. Still think it will take a set of 15" ra's to get it looking how I want it. Does anyone have any idea how to wire electric windows in? Have a set here but I'm awful with electrics!! Thanks for looking, Matt.

Thanks Nigel. Your mk2 was looking well on Sunday, the wheels really set it off. Picked these up on the way home. Not in too bad shape, thou I think I'll have them referbed before I fit them. 5dfe4750.jpg Anyone any ideas what the best size of tyre to fit would be? Was thinking 145/60 or 65? Would like a little bit of stretch but nothing too severe. Thanks, Matt

You dont need a stretch tyre on them. 195/50/15 will be perfect on them for a mk2 If you are gonna refurb dont do the centres a different colour, keep them silver and get lip repolished will look perfect on your car

Quick update, picked these up today after being referbed, very happy with how they turned out and the finish is excellent! 8F819B52-7A81-4BDC-885D-ACAB49A425A6-8488-00000ABCB67CFD1C.jpg Got them fitted this evening. FE01EB06-A9D4-4339-9789-018519A72B8A-8488-00000ABCBDB04EF0.jpg The back needs to be lower, was having problems with the coilovers at the rear, they seam to be siezed.. The rings are on a seperate slieve over the strut and the whole thing seams to be spinning... Anyone any idea how to get around this? Again sorry for the iPhone pics, will have to borrow a camera and get some decent pictures. Thanks for looking, Matt

Thanks boys. Went for the 165/50's as they came in at a good price.. Looked tiny when they arrived but quite happy with them now there on the rim! Just need a set of spacers on them as they sit quite far into the arch! Did you ever adjust the rear coilovers when you had it collum? Matt