Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marco78

Silver 86 MK2 GTI k-jet

84 posts in this topic

This is the car with just the moss taken off it. Only done a few miles since MOT last May. Things that need doing that i know off Heater Matrix leaking inside like mad. Engine idles good and pulls well under acceleration but hesitates like mad when you try and drive it easy. Blow out in front section somewhere havent been under it yet to see. Other than that will do a full service with all the belts and oils. inside just needs a Mega good clean and i am cosidering a glass out respray for the summer. Few bits of minor surface rust bonnet, sunroof, roof, tailgate and rear doglegs. but not bad considering her age.

Yes it is. I think its been on from last year. Seen it loads and was tempted then just went and bought it last night. Its a good solid base to start from. I can do all the mechanical work myself just need to bite the bullit when it comes to the bodywork Got a decent quote for a full glass out bumper and trims off respray.

Love those early ones, nice early interior and steering wheel, reminds me of a red 86 I had with the early qtrs. Should be KJet injection as well, sharper than a digifant imo. Keep it original and deck it with wheels. Good luck.

hi mate have a set of mk2 gti seats here u can have them for free do u for the foam to repair ur bolsters ph dave on 07702314817 i work in bangor so could could bring them over keep another dub alive

hi mate have a set of mk2 gti seats here u can have them for free do u for the foam to repair ur bolsters ph dave on 07702314817 i work in bangor so could could bring them over keep another dub alive
Cheers Dave maybe take you up on that. Had a good look at my seat and the drivers seat still has a good shape just the material on the seat cover could do with a wee tidy up.

Going to try and keep it as standard as possible. Couldnt see it fall in to the wrong hands and be pulled apart. Bought an 88 3dr 8v too maybe have a go at changing it up a bit.

:D:D Thank god some one eventually bought this mk2 :roll: :roll: take it its the Ebay one god there was some discussions about this 1 best of luck with er Buddy cheers oh and before I forget turn round till I pat you on the back ...... :lol::lol:

It was the car that was on Gumtree for a couple of months. Couldnt believe it didnt sell before now. I have seen worse cars sell for more. I got it for a decent price. And yes im over at Hurst in Ards well spotted from the pics 8O

mk3gti old car he had car up forsale for while and 2people viewed it first person wasnt willing to pay what liam wanted for it and now marco 2nd viewer bought it...glad to see its gonna get the treatment thats its needed now

Just a small update on progress of of tidy up. Timing belt, water pump, faulty coolant hoses, rotor arm and dizzy cap all done. Still on the list fuel filter although it has a seized banjo bolt on one side and while gripping the filter with vise grips it had punctured the filter and fuel is leaking out. Going to be a nightmare to sort. Once this is done heater matrix next then strip down for paint. :?

Fuel filter and pump issue finally sorted. Had to get some new Accumulator to Pump and Accumulator to Filter pipes made up by Powertran in Newtownards. good job they were too, £20 for both pipes. £35 each + vat and delivery from VW Heritage. Also have had to replace the Fuel pump relay delivered down today with the heater matrix from Scott at euro car parts. Excellant price also. That's all the mechanical issue's now hopefully sorted bar the heater matrix :cry: . Few days off next week to sort it get trims off and glass out fingers crossed FINALLY off to get painted. :roll: 8) :lol:

Me to mate been trying to get it sorted for painting for ages. Cant wait to its back to get it built back up again and finally on the road.