Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
areofall

For sale threads rule.

Posted a few old mopeds I have for sale last week but were taken off as I don't have 50 threads. Fair enough. Been a memeber since 2010 but the traffic isn't that busy on the forum and it would take a very long time to post 50 threads should the rule limit be lowered.

i think it is only 50 posts mate thought that was fair enough
Understand totally and fair enough haven't been on this forum much but always though this type of rule hurts the regular users more by missing out on items that would maybe interest them.

Understand totally and fair enough haven't been on this forum much but always though this type of rule hurts the regular users more by missing out on items that would maybe interest them.
It's a rule that is there for the regular users. The forum is a VAG enthusiast forum first and foremost. The buying and selling is secondary to this. There are other sites which have buying and selling as their main objective. The problem is if we didn't have the 50 post rule people would abuse the site by coming on, posting a lot of rubbish and irrelevant posts just to bump their numbers up in order to sell. From experience this is what happens. :wink: It's about quality not quantity. I for one don't want to have to wade through lots of irrelevant posts everytime I log on and I'm sure other regular users don't either. I hope this clears it up and you understand. :wink:

It's a rule that is there for the regular users. The forum is a VAG enthusiast forum first and foremost. The buying and selling is secondary to this. There are other sites which have buying and selling as their main objective. The problem is if we didn't have the 50 post rule people would abuse the site by coming on, posting a lot of rubbish and irrelevant posts just to bump their numbers up in order to sell. From experience this is what happens. :wink: It's about quality not quantity. I for one don't want to have to wade through lots of irrelevant posts everytime I log on and I'm sure other regular users don't either. I hope this clears it up and you understand. :wink:
Can see you point but say a old guy finds the forum and had a load of new old stock, wanted to place an advert, no posts, he cant post it on, everyone loses. Probably not going to happen but can live in hope. :lol:

Can see you point but say a old guy finds the forum and had a load of new old stock, wanted to place an advert, no posts, he cant post it on, everyone loses. Probably not going to happen but can live in hope. :lol:
As you say probably not going to happen and unfortunately if we are working on the balance of probabilities the scenario I outlined is much more likely to happen.. :)

... The problem is if we didn't have the 50 post rule people would abuse the site by coming on, posting a lot of rubbish and irrelevant posts just to bump their numbers up in order to sell. From experience this is what happens. :wink: It's about quality not quantity. I for one don't want to have to wade through lots of irrelevant posts everytime I log on and I'm sure other regular users don't either...
Nothing I like more than going through the one post wonders digging up threads from 2 years ago :roll: