Welcome to GTINI

Welcome to GTINI, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of GTINI by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonnyB

New toy....

221 posts in this topic

But red and green should never be seen, did ya Granny not teach you anything?

​actually refers to aircraft i think red and green should never be seen but green and reds ok

Been a while since I posted on here and a few things have happened,

1 - I missed Dubshed :-(  I do have an excuse, I was in Prague ;-)

2 - The MK2 passed MOT again :-)

IMG_0287_zpsjwf0ayvu.jpg

3 - Went to Harmony Hill Show, cracking day

IMG_0339_zpshgss44zh.jpg

4 - Found out I'm losing the storage space for the MK1 so the MK2 is going up for sale :-(

If anyone is genuinely interested then feel free to PM me.

nakgti likes this

Gotta love a Lhasa Green Mk1 Jonny, can't believe you've had this tucked away for so long gathering dust. Is it gonna take much to get her back on the road, or is it going back into storage?

24 minutes ago, pistolpete said:

Gotta love a Lhasa Green Mk1 Jonny, can't believe you've had this tucked away for so long gathering dust. Is it gonna take much to get her back on the road, or is it going back into storage?

Putting her back on the road Pete, the MK2 is up for sale cause I don't have the room or time for 2 cars and a van and I cant bring myself to let this one go,

don't think she will need anything really except a good flush out of fluids and then mot'd, when I parked her up she had just been painted along with

new glass all round, new genuine front and rear bumpers, new genuine arches, new shocks and springs, new brakes all round, new leads and hoses and belts,

new exhaust and a new fuel tank so hopefully she wont need that much apart from a good clean inside to get some of the scum of the dash and door cards.

Hopefully have her back looking like this in no time......

the day I put her into storage:

P9200697.jpg

P9200696.jpg

P9200695.jpg

P9200694.jpg

P9200693.jpg

loeb, monkey and Glenngttdi like this

Time really does get faster the older you get, I've just looked at the tax book to see when I got the MK1, it was 2006 and I parked her in the shed 3 weeks after I got her, what I thought was 5 years in storage is actually 10 years.

Hold on that's wrong, I bought her in 2009 so 7 years in storage lol

renman8957 and loeb like this

10 hours ago, jonnyB said:

Time really does get faster the older you get, I've just looked at the tax book to see when I got the MK1, it was 2006 and I parked her in the shed 3 weeks after I got her, what I thought was 5 years in storage is actually 10 years.

I agree, time disappears when they're tucked away, tax check showed  the Polo's last MOT was 2008 :ph34r: Will be 10 years before you know it!

2 hours ago, Coltwee said:

I agree, time disappears when they're tucked away, tax check showed  the Polo's last MOT was 2008 :ph34r: Will be 10 years before you know it!

Not if peer pressure has anything to do with it

34 minutes ago, monkey said:

Awesome car the colour is lovely . Is it totally standard ?

She's a campaign spec car but there are questions over the whole ''17EW Campaign chassis number'' as some campaign spec cars were

imported from Germany before the Campaign model was released in the UK and these ones had a 17DW chassis number and were

know as ''Pirelli Special Edition'' cars, these had the same spec as the UK Campaign models.

Mine is a 17DW chassis number and was registered on the 1-8-83, that's when the Campaign model started so it looks like it

was imported from Germany.

monkey likes this